VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

request the 100%schedule Rating From combined IU Rating?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Calling All Hands on Deck,

Anyone know what the VA Form # is to request the 100% scheduler rating be given & the IU to be moot?

As I understand  when a veteran is rated for combined IU/with P&T and no future exams schedule and his S.C. Disability is of nature not expected to improve in his life time.

The Criteria is,a when veteran has a combined scheduler IU Rating & the veteran has another separate rating of 70% or higher   he can request the 100% scheduler rating....the R.O, is supposed to do this at the time of the separate rating but the fail to do this and the Veteran don't know he can request the IU to be MOOT and given a 100% schedule rating.

This would change things for the veteran  if he was/is able to do some kind of work he could add to his family's income.  & Not be worried about for getting to send in the aggravating 21-4140-1  Every freaking Year.

Anyone know the FORM#?  or more information on this?

asknod, broncovet, Ms berta, j basser, Gastone, Vync, Ms Tbird???  & other knowledgeable members.   please feel free to chime in here.

Thanks

Buck

Edited by Buck52

• Answers 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Well

I was thinking that when a veteran is rated high enough to qualify for the SMC with the separate & distinct S.C.disability This is an added benefit for the Veteran (and for good cause) ok with the separate S.C. Disability  that is combined in his (Already S.C. Ratings)  

Example

90% Combined rating that don't meet the 100% rating  ok now the veteran can't do the work he was trained to do or went to school for because of his S.C. Disability..ok the VA says lets give him IU so he can make it with his family (this is a good thing)  However when a Veteran has other S.C. Disability's that arise later and is S.C. For them   then they combined the total ratings  ( That is Mandatory)

In my case the 90% was combined with the 70%   hence a 100% schedule rating & met the criteria for the SMC -S H.B.

As I have the same thing Jfrei just put up. (different disability's)

'' You have a 100% final degree disability''

so is the VA saying  this give us 100% schedule rating now?

And IU is Moot?

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't know who to call and ask this question to? Peggy will not know and some of the upper VSO will not know.

I suppose I could write my R.O. '' ON A STATEMENT OF CASE'' form

and ask the IU be made moot and rate me as the 90% and 70% rating accordingly ??

any Ideas? 

As I could be all wrong here!

• HadIt.com Elder

Veterans like me and jfrei  & Countless other veterans out there are getting the shaft b/c veterans on IU are not suppose to be working   or make the (VA SGI 12.400. Per Year) which in 2016/ 2017 was changed to (11.400 per year)

I would not jeopardize my IU reduction by working   even if its ok to do so, I do not trust the VA as far as I can throw them.

Edited by Buck52

1 hour ago, Buck52 said:

Veterans like me and jfrei  & Countless other veterans out there are getting the shaft b/c veterans on IU are not suppose to be working   or make the (VA SGI 12.400. Per Year) which in 2016/ 2017 was changed to (11.400 per year)

I would not jeopardize my IU reduction by working   even if its ok to do so, I do not trust the VA as far as I can throw them.

Please post any questions as the office of case management is calling me today to answer the questions I had before the number was shut off. Now my 100% rating is scheduler P and T my IU rating which lasted about 10 months is moot am I correct? But Buck52 I will answer your question later today why they are not seperated in my case and why it maybe more benefificial to keep them together.

Buck, aren't there 2 exceptions for those  who are TDIU concerning earned income?

Something "sheltered" work/income, and work that falls below the poverty line?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm not sure jfrei?? Let us know what the say?

Allan you are correct.  however if the IU was given using the extra scheduler 38 CFR 4.17 (b) with the rating criteria & never reach the 100%  no a Veteran is not suppose to work at all.

Now a 100% Vet on IU can work under those conditions you mention  but even he is victimize to the reductions,  this is why I don't trust the VA  with all their B.S.

Some times they (VA) will tell us yes or something we think is good to hear... and all of a sudden we get a proposal to reduce letter in the mail...VA is not binding over the phone if they tell you some thing and even on paper they can come up with ''Typing Error'' So there not labial for stating something to us.

only if its on an official record with VA we can use as evidence in our favor if it happens to be in the veterans favor. 

Edited by Buck52