VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

request the 100%schedule Rating From combined IU Rating?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Calling All Hands on Deck,

Anyone know what the VA Form # is to request the 100% scheduler rating be given & the IU to be moot?

As I understand  when a veteran is rated for combined IU/with P&T and no future exams schedule and his S.C. Disability is of nature not expected to improve in his life time.

The Criteria is,a when veteran has a combined scheduler IU Rating & the veteran has another separate rating of 70% or higher   he can request the 100% scheduler rating....the R.O, is supposed to do this at the time of the separate rating but the fail to do this and the Veteran don't know he can request the IU to be MOOT and given a 100% schedule rating.

This would change things for the veteran  if he was/is able to do some kind of work he could add to his family's income.  & Not be worried about for getting to send in the aggravating 21-4140-1  Every freaking Year.

Anyone know the FORM#?  or more information on this?

asknod, broncovet, Ms berta, j basser, Gastone, Vync, Ms Tbird???  & other knowledgeable members.   please feel free to chime in here.

Thanks

Buck

Edited by Buck52

• Answers 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Buck posted, 

In my case the 90% was combined with the 70%   hence a 100% schedule rating & met the criteria for the SMC -S H.B.

Buck if you are 90 percent, plus another 70 percent, this combines to 100 percent, thus TDIU is not applicable.  Even if you have gotten TDIU in the past, TDIU is a rating given to Vets with "less than" 100 percent ratings.  While I did get TDIU when I was already 100 percent, my effective dates for IU are well before I became 100 percent.  

If you are 90 percent, plus another 70 percent, you need not worry about a rediction for your TDIU, as you would still be 100 percent.  

Did your rating decision state you are TDIU?  

Buck, I'm quite sure that those 2 exceptions for working while you are TDIU don't have a percentage requirement.

In other words, if you are 90% scheduler and are TDIU, you can work ONLY under the 2 exceptions rule, i.e.; earn below the poverty line(but not in a capacity that affects your disabilities), and\or you work in a "sheltered" job such as a family business.

I've heard some reps say not to work period, and others encourage it.

Personally, I don't trust the VA.

Getting that proposal to reduce makes one madder than hell!:excl:

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

They just tried to schedule me for a PTSD exam in 2020 after I was already made P and T due to my TBI 2 months ago since they combined my issues together... I am awaiting for my call from my RO to explain how they can try this before I have to hire someone such BS...

I'm not even rated as PTSD seperately and I had it lumped in with my TBI when they already decided it was P and T 4 weeks after i appealed their denial the first time. Still a gaggle F••• how do you increase my TBI from 70 to 100 and take away my P and T I'm about to walk into my RO tomorrow. Way to piss me off and I only live 10 minutes away from them now...

jfrei, let me see if I understand you correctly, are you saying the VA "took away" your P&T IU, and replaced it with 100% scheduler? If so, that's even better.

Correct me if I missed something here.

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!