VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

request the 100%schedule Rating From combined IU Rating?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Calling All Hands on Deck,

Anyone know what the VA Form # is to request the 100% scheduler rating be given & the IU to be moot?

As I understand  when a veteran is rated for combined IU/with P&T and no future exams schedule and his S.C. Disability is of nature not expected to improve in his life time.

The Criteria is,a when veteran has a combined scheduler IU Rating & the veteran has another separate rating of 70% or higher   he can request the 100% scheduler rating....the R.O, is supposed to do this at the time of the separate rating but the fail to do this and the Veteran don't know he can request the IU to be MOOT and given a 100% schedule rating.

This would change things for the veteran  if he was/is able to do some kind of work he could add to his family's income.  & Not be worried about for getting to send in the aggravating 21-4140-1  Every freaking Year.

Anyone know the FORM#?  or more information on this?

asknod, broncovet, Ms berta, j basser, Gastone, Vync, Ms Tbird???  & other knowledgeable members.   please feel free to chime in here.

Thanks

Buck

Edited by Buck52

• Answers 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

They did but doing that that is how I had my family benefits and military ID cards because it was already stated those same issues where made P and T at 100% in June. Making me have to pay for Obamacare for my family  how's is that an improvement? So how is this better I've must have missed something 

Edited by jfrei

• HadIt.com Elder

Jfrei  its better to be  rated by a 100%scheduler rating with P&T  vs to have a 70%combined rating & Placed on IU , being scheduler 100% this means if you can work and make extra $$ you can.

with The IU Your watched for any income you report by working.  they get the information from S.S.A .& I.R.S.

I believe They do rate PTSD & TBI Separately.

what is hard for the rater is finding how to put this down on paper   the IU was for the PTSD  IF IT WAS 70% and you filed for increase & could no longer work b/c of it.

The TBI is the newbie on the block as for as finding a way to throw that into your combined ratings.

I personally don't think they know how to rate a TBI Claim...(but this is just my opinion)  I am not that familiar with the TBI Claims.

This happens a lot after a Veteran is rated ...say for PTSD and then files another claim for TBI.  or other S.C. Disability's

If the TBI Was cause in combat  it should be no problem to rate  or if you fell out of a truck while on Active Duty....The TBI Claim is fairly new and most post Gulf War  Veterans,Younger Veterans  are experiencing this at present  such as  jfrei

In the early days of War War 1 &II  They called it ''shell shock '' and rated it with the symptoms  such as they do today withDSM 5 PTSD  but try to break it down with the TBI and when they do that  it gets complicated.

just my opinion & thoughts.

Edited by Buck52

My TBI was made 70% by itself in 2010 and then again in 2015 but with PTSD listed as a symptom. Then again in 2017 was made when 70 combined with other at 90% made 100% PT IU. Then 4 months later increased my TBI and Ptsd to 100% and took away my P and T in today's rating. There is no benefit to this even by sending me to another exam in 2020 it's for my PTSD an nothing about my sTBI which was not related to combat? But a car defect in my car in 2006 my deployment came in 2009

3 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Jfrei  its better to be  rated by a 100%scheduler rating with P&T  vs to have a 70%combined rating & Placed on IU , being scheduler 100% this means if you can work and make extra $$ you can.

with The IU Your watched for any income you report by working.  they get the information from S.S.A .& I.R.S.

I believe They do rate PTSD & TBI Separately.

what is hard for the rater is finding how to put this down on paper   the IU was for the PTSD  IF IT WAS 70% and you filed for increase & could no longer work b/c of it.

The TBI is the newbie on the block as for as finding a way to throw that into your combined ratings.

I personally don't think they know how to rate a TBI Claim...(but this is just my opinion)  I am not that familiar with the TBI Claims.

This happens a lot after a Veteran is rated ...say for PTSD and then files another claim for TBI.  or other S.C. Disability's

If the TBI Was cause in combat  it should be no problem to rate  or if you fell out of a truck while on Active Duty....The TBI Claim is fairly new and most post Gulf War  Veterans,Younger Veterans  are experiencing this at present  such as  jfrei

In the early days of War War 1 &II  They called it ''shell shock '' and rated it with the symptoms  such as they do today withDSM 5 PTSD  but try to break it down with the TBI and when they do that  it gets complicated.

just my opinion & thoughts.

Sorry I just read in detail I didn't file for an increase I was sent to them when I filed for an Adjustment Disorder. And actually they didn't check of total impairment but the 70% block on the PTSD and the TBI block. But did check off that I cannot work due to both of the disabilities. The three exams seperated all my symptoms by conditions I will post my recent exams they seperated them also by their symptoms and the level of each impairment 70 for my TBI 30 for my PTSD. It's just their way of trying to get out of paying my family medical benefits tired of this BS. Been fighting for my benefits since 2010.

I spoke with The Office of Case Management he said he sees that they didn't even look at that decision from June when they made this decision and said they can't just take it away without a notice of anything and certainly  not a decision at the RO after it was made on an appeal before this decision for the same disabilities at a lesser rating. So I will be email someone tonight because of my sleep issues no CPaP machine will put me sleep if I can't fall asleep. 

My only way of relief is through this and for six years I found you all when I search on google popped hadit.com sorry you all gotta deal with me...

• HadIt.com Elder

jfrei

No reason to apologize brother, we veterans must stick together and help one another. veterans have to do what is best for them and their family's so keep on fighting for your well deserved benefit's  you will win and get what your fighting for   just never give up until your satisfied and get all your benefit's.