VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DC VA Director really fired this time

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Secretary Shulkin fired this guy not long ago, then found out he was back to his VA job-Shulkin was furious and had another way to go that overrode the Union BS:

https://www.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=2952

"VA Removes Former D.C. Medical Center Director

New Accountability Measures Used

WASHINGTON — Today, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced that it has fired former Washington, D.C., VA Medical Center Director Brian Hawkins for his failure to provide effective leadership to the D.C. Medical Center. 

The department undertook this action using authorities provided by the VA Accountability Act, which the president signed into law in June. Hawkins was notified in late August that he was being proposed for removal.

“We at VA will use the authorities available to ensure our Veterans get the highest quality service and care possible,” said VA Secretary Dr. David J. Shulkin. “This is the right decision for Veterans in D.C., and employees at the medical center, and underscores our commitment to hold employees accountable if they fail to do their jobs or live up to VA’s values.”

VA initiated the latest action after the VA Office of Inspector General issued a new report finding that Hawkins violated VA policy by sending sensitive VA information from his work email to unsecured private email accounts."

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Good for the New VA Secretary!   wtg!!  he has my vote!

Berta, gastone,  or anyone that can answer.  I was looking thru historical claims.  I saw one in 09 that says in the claims section.  " brokered claim, new", what does this mean.  I did figure out that they were looking for service medical records, that they never received.  They never ask us for anything.