VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal Question to ask

Rate this question

Wayne TX

Question

Got a question....I filed five NODs 17 months ago....... eBenefits under Open Appeals  for these 17 months just said  - Appeal Pending -Notice of Agreement received and dated.  Well, sometime over the past week days that changed to Appeal Pending - Statement of the Case (SOC) VA has received your Form 9 and will begin completing final actions regarding your appeal before it is sent to the Board of Veteran's Appeals.  I requested a DRO Hearing when I filed NODs.  Is this just routine procedure to be sent a Statement of the Case at this stage?   I have not received a DRO Hearing date yet?   

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Great advice Buck and jfrei..........I am going to head to Waco RO next week and take my chances it will matter and also look at my C-File as well.  I will definitely record that I was there as well.  I was always under the impression an appointment was absolute but apparently not.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Well years ago we had to call or write the Waco Tx Regional Office  to make an Appointment...Maybe they changed it?

If its still that way  they will send you on your way and say make an Appointment...seems I remember  just headed out and when I got there  they ask me if I had an appointment  I said no   they said well your going to have to come back when you get an Appointment. 

but they may have changed that by now  that's been 17 years ago or more.

All you can do is try..see what happens?

I will call first and see if they require appts or allow walkins...........go from there.  So much BS red tape and confusion to deal with but still dealing as it comes. 

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't know what to tell you Wayne?  I hate to tell you to go and make that trip and be denied access to the information you need.

You may call them first and ask them if you can come to the R.O. To look at your C-FILE  If it's there?

Once you get in the R.O.  Then you ask about the status of your claim   a VSO Will probably take you to his office and  check on the computer  they can get to things we can't on e benefits.