VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

cp exam said i cant handle money

Rate this question

adkins7b

Question

I just got a copy and they said no becaues my memory and if i'm in a manic state.. they never said that before any doctor and i have no problems paying my bills.. are they going try put someone who probably cant manage money in charge of my money.. please help a bit worried

I wouldnt worry about it, unless you are single. The SSDI people said that I could not handle my finances 2 years ago, so my wife is my Power of Attorney. No biggy for me as I have a great wife and do not worry about her running off with my pennies. Alot of times the VA Docs will either state this due to something you may have said by accident, or they feel that you truly are bad enough to have someone step in and take care of your money. Wish you the best and keep us posted. God Bless

I disagree, always be concerned and proactive when it comes to a VA Fiduciary Appointment Notification. You should be afforded an in-home appointment with a VA Fiduciary Social Worker at some point in the near future.

I take it you haven't Appealed the Fiduciary Appointment, correct?  You can request that the VA Appoint a Trusted Friend or Relative to serve as your Fiduciary. Keep in mind, they must meet all VA Fiduciary Qualifications, including there own Financial Fitness. There's an Old Saying, "The best way to lose Friends and Relatives, is to lone money." Having a friend or relative act as your Fiduciary is not without certain pitfalls.

Semper Fi

Yes last comment i agree no i'm currently waiting and checking ebenefits dialy.. No i told him that i handle my money well, i am well aware of the problems that can come and always tell them.. i am in vietnam so maybe that.. but he said I could possibly handle it because of my memory and im bipolar and I could.. not that i'm doing he stated a possible situation.. I have uploaded a copy of my bank account showwing I am not living pay check to pay check and can handle my money.

I am single and i will fight it and see what happens.. I do need help around the place and filed for aid and attandance but I dont need somoen helping themself to my money.. again agree with last guy.. i dont trust people with my money or loand money.. good way lose friends and family.. and noone can say they dont know of a case family and friends people get really weird over money in life. sad but true

I have uploaded a copy of my bank account showwing I am not living pay check to pay check and can handle my money."

GOOD! 

If you use credit cards, those bills might also show that you pay your bills on time, even Electric bills, rent or property tax bills, etc etc....

I believe every vet should fight this fiduciary BS.Although VA looked into a big fiduciary scandal years ago ( they were picking fiduciaries who had criminal records and were never properly vetted, )the VA cleaned up that act  but still----this 2016 VAOIG report ( page 2) shows a veteran's sister had been indicted for misuse of his funds, as his fiduciary:

https://www.va.gov/oig/pubs/highlights/VAOIG-highlights-201607.pdf

This report mentions that as well but included more fiduciary horror stories:

https://www.va.gov/oig/pubs/highlights/VAOIG-highlights-201704.pdf

You can fight this BS and succeed in my opinion.

More info here:

https://www.hillandponton.com/fiduciary-process-actually-happens/

and this vet got them to drop the incompetenece BS, with a letter from his VA treating doctor:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/vets/i-beat-incompetence-no-fiduciary-needed-t167724.html

If a vet can provide for his own needs, electric, food, rent, or mortgage, clothing ....and can prove that with bank statements and/or paid bills, there is no reason at all to accept this BS .