VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How to request Medical Records after changing VAMC ?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

How does a veteran request medical records  from a VAMC that  he used 17 years ago and use it for 20 years and now they say they don't have his medical records? and now he is at a different VAMC? & They say they don't have them?

I had him to request his medical records from the old VAMC he used....>they sent him a letter saying they do not keep medical records after 7 years and then they are sent out to archives in some other state? obvously this was not St Louis THEY DON'T HAVE THEM EITHER AND SAID FOR HIM TO CHECK Back with  his old  VAMC, which he has  and they say they don't have them?

The  old VAMC Hospital Records Manager did not reveal where his Records were sent to?...so if NRPC Archives in St Louis don't have these Records  How does he get them?  we need them to help him with his claim obviously!

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I don't know if you've visited this page yet https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/medical-records.html but it should help you.

It looks like they should be at the VARMC, which is also in St. Louis.

Records Management Center (VARMC)
P.O. Box 5020
St. Louis, MO 63115-5020

Telephone: 1-888-533-4558

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes  we called them  they said to check with the older VAMC they (the older VMC) sends the records to an archives location to be properly stored after they have been in their possession for a certain amount of time , but they said they don't know the location &  NRPC in St Louis Mo  don't have them and don't know where each VAMC Sends the records for storage.

As for as I knew the medical records and military service records were archive at NRPC in St Louis Mo  but they say they don't have them.

I ask the vet to request them from the VAMC he uses now  I ask him to see if they can call the older VAMC and have them to transfer all his old records to the VAMC he uses now.

I even had the vet to call his congressman...no luck there either.

These records have to be some place?

Edited by Buck52