VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Attorney hired

Rate this question

Oceanbound

Question

I am a complete mess due to the VA.  The VA ruined my life.  I should not have to send nasty grams because you lie in my medical records instead of treating me, so now I am not complaining to the patient advocate but to the Secretary of Veterans Affairs David Shulkin after each doctor visit and hope you (the nurses who make up things or not actually put the things I'm being seen for in my record) lose your medical license. Since that is a federal crime!

This website helped me a lot, by being a platform, to get my game plan going with direction, because it seemed that I should be at 100% 15 years ago but I'm not.  Originally thought 100% should be granted for all my contentions sought right off the bat, only 10%, currently rated at 40%, and now I lawyer up. Going to get my 100%, huge 6 figures retro, and then go after SMC-T.

After reading countless threads here to become better aware, posted a few times, and every now and then someone mention a lawyer, and I took note/look up. Checked them out, as well as NOVA from my state, but kept going back to GloverLuck. Thanks in part from Broncovet.  Who I felt best could draw the line in the sand with me in ending this madness.

Last week I Fired the DAV. 

Gastone Posted April 10, 2016  

Ocean, what Appeal path, BVA or DRO, did you choose?

Quite often, the Strength of your case and to a great degree, the amount of Retro involved, will determine if the Law Firm of 1st choice, will choose you back.

Semper Fi

Got represented by Julie Glover herself at GloverLuck and was the only firm I contacted last week that I requested to represent me.

I am only one starfish being thrown back into the ocean. 

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I hired an attorney in 2006 and 7 years later I finally lost at Court of Vet Appeals.  Sometimes no matter how much "justice" is on your side you will lose.  VA law is not about justice but about the letter of the law.

If you don't have the evidence and the law is not on your side you lose.  It does not matter about right or wrong.  It is the law.  In 1972 when I first filed for VA compensation I was homeless.  I was inside the VA's

nuthouse.  I went straight from the VA to the street.  A year later I found out I had won my claim but instead of 100% I got 10%  (28 bucks a month). l fought this for years.  Finally after a career at the Post Office I

got 30% and then 70% and then TDIU.  I got royally screwed IMO,  but since I survived and now have enough to live on I am not worried about what happened to me.  When dealing with the VA or any government

agency it is war, or suicide on the installment plan.  They will get their pound of flesh even if you get 100% and every other benefit available.   You cannot win but you can break even maybe.  It is terrible

and nobody but you and your family cares  (maybe some on Hadit as well).

On 9/28/2017 at 4:41 AM, Oceanbound said:

I am a complete mess due to the VA.  The VA ruined my life.  I should not have to send nasty grams because you lie in my medical records instead of treating me, so now I am not complaining to the patient advocate but to the Secretary of Veterans Affairs David Shulkin after each doctor visit and hope you (the nurses who make up things or not actually put the things I'm being seen for in my record) lose your medical license. Since that is a federal crime!

This website helped me a lot, by being a platform, to get my game plan going with direction, because it seemed that I should be at 100% 15 years ago but I'm not.  Originally thought 100% should be granted for all my contentions sought right off the bat, only 10%, currently rated at 40%, and now I lawyer up. Going to get my 100%, huge 6 figures retro, and then go after SMC-T.

After reading countless threads here to become better aware, posted a few times, and every now and then someone mention a lawyer, and I took note/look up. Checked them out, as well as NOVA from my state, but kept going back to GloverLuck. Thanks in part from Broncovet.  Who I felt best could draw the line in the sand with me in ending this madness.

Last week I Fired the DAV. 

Got represented by Julie Glover herself at GloverLuck and was the only firm I contacted last week that I requested to represent me.

I am only one starfish being thrown back into the ocean. 

I myself am not so certain attorneys are the best people to use for a veterans appeals. Look through the BVA decisions on the BVA website read carefully who represented the veteran and see the result of the claim. Many lawyers just take the case hoping to get it approved and get their 20% and MoveOn. What you can see in each claim is the three elements of a successful claim Are not completely met. And the veterans law judge must deny the claim by law if the three elements are not met. The biggest element most veterans get denied for is they do not have a medical doctor specifically stating there exists a nexus with the current condition and they’re active duty. It does cost money to get a private doctor to give you that Nexus statement.  The nexus statement  is simply the link between your current condition and active duty.  An attorney that allows a veterans claim to go to the board without this statement is wasting your time and he’s just hoping by some luck of the draw the judge will approve it, if your attorney does not ensure you have a medical statement then go get one and get rid of your attorney