VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD Results are in - DENIED- Advice needed

Rate this question

IMEF-Gunny

Question

So, I have my denial letter. I have posted my redacted exam, follow up from same C&P psychologist where he answers the question of aggrivation of pre-existing condition and copy of denial letter. Bear in mind that he failed to include things like our discussion about frequent panic attacks, where he asked me to describe the physical attributes of such but then chose to list it as "none", he made no mention of my friend who died in the Gulf, he handpicked excerpts from my VAMC notes not including the bad, but only snippets of the better comments by my attending psych dr.....standard VA employed C&P examiner tactics.

I currently have two seperate PHD level Psychologist reviewing my entire file to evaluate the Dr's opinion give me their independent medical opinion. One of those Dr's has performed C&P exams for VA as a contracted Psychologist.

My questiona are:

1. What do you think my chances are of getting this remedied and/or getting this SC?

2. Should I file to re-open the claim with IMO's or simply file the NOD, include IMO's and request DRO review?

3. Should I approach this from the pre-existing (Aggravation) aspect or PTSD (considering it would require a VA employed C&P examiner to opine and agree with a PTSD diagnosis, essentially going against the first VA Dr's opinion)

My VSO has been useless, no contact and I'm considering, if I opt to re-open and get shot down again, hiring a law firm to assist. Any advice from seasoned vets is appreciated.

RedactedAggravation.tif

RedactedDenial.tif

RedactedPTSDExam.tif

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

The woman who made the PTSD diagnosis was a Psychiatric Nurse Practicioner. VA denial letter states I meet criterion A based on his report, but I must meet all criterion A thru H . I'm guessing MDD, aggravated is my only hope. Guy at AL said the C&P is crap because the Dr used the terminology that it would be speculation to determine any % of aggravation.....