VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

a little confused

jfrei

Question

Im trying to figure out today why I was denied last time today. I will be talking to the woman in charge again who said my condition isn't severe because I can drive myself. When I applied in June was I was denied since then I have an appeal decided which granted me Permanent and total for my TBI which was just raised to 100% scheduler. What more would I need to show this program to help me and my family my recent C&P my wife explained how she has to be the one to use the GPS or we get lost?I was denied for the caregiver program.

Edited by jfrei

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe they look at everything every disability separate per claim & Rate According to the % or severity of the disability...unless the disability falls under a category to rate from other S.C. Disability's  (they watch pyramiding closely)

Not to rain on your parade    BUT  being 100% P&T don't  guarantee all disability's claims will be approved.

but as broncovet mention ...the reason & bases of the denial  will help  to know to help you better.

This is for the caregiver program I was denied thought being in this 9/11 forum I didn't have to specify sorry.. The reason I was denied was because I have a drivers license and the ability to drive even as I have showed that I needed assistance with navigating the fact I can get behind the wheel was why she denied me....

Edited by jfrei

• HadIt.com Elder

jfrei

if you can't drive b/c of your S.C. Disability or disability's  maybe you need to contact the DMV and have your license revoke b/c of your S.C. Disability  or better yet simply get a letter from a qualified Dr stating that you can't be driving b/c of your S.C. Disability you could bring harm yo your self and others.

The VA is going to look at every possibility to deny.

ect,,,ect,,,

JMO

I already have it from my C&P examiner that's why I went from 70%to 100% P and T for my TBI but when I applied I for the caregiver program I was only 70% for my TBI while my claim was pending now 4 months later its finally closed making me 100% scheduler for my TBI whch was also found to be P and T. I haven't spoken with the caregiver person to see if I can re apply or appeal her decision... Im sure shell be like yeah this is how you appeal my decision as I am the head of this program and what I say is goes... Again my long term memory is ok so I can drive I just get lost and cant use a GPS the reason my wife drives with me she holds on to the GPS.. The only place I drive by myself is to the VA hospital because I live right down the street street 5 minutes away.. My poly trauma counselor said I should be able to get it now because apparently I had very few doctor notes about my current situation which he said has changed but who knows..

Edited by jfrei