VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

a little confused

jfrei

Question

Im trying to figure out today why I was denied last time today. I will be talking to the woman in charge again who said my condition isn't severe because I can drive myself. When I applied in June was I was denied since then I have an appeal decided which granted me Permanent and total for my TBI which was just raised to 100% scheduler. What more would I need to show this program to help me and my family my recent C&P my wife explained how she has to be the one to use the GPS or we get lost?I was denied for the caregiver program.

Edited by jfrei

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Sorry of your issues bud. As I stated in other posts, I have not driven since I was 32 and I am 35 now, so I know that the Caregiver program will use it against you. What most folks dont know is that the VA Caregiver and the VA Disability is Two different Programs on two different sides of the street that dont even talk to each other. So just because the VA grants SC disabilities at 100% does not mean anything to the Caregiver people. You have to prove that you are Severely Mental and Physical Disabled. As I stated earlier my VA docs actually put me in for the program or I would have never known it existed and just found out the other day via letter that not only am I on the Highest Tier but also kind of like A&A due to the Severity of my disabilities. I am very grateful for the program, but talk about an intrusive program that is always around day and night. So it is not for the faint of heart even if you get approved. I wish I had better words for you. I cant remember bud, are you on SSDI? If not, I think you would get approved fast if you dont work, God Bless!!!

15 hours ago, Navy04 said:

Sorry of your issues bud. As I stated in other posts, I have not driven since I was 32 and I am 35 now, so I know that the Caregiver program will use it against you. What most folks dont know is that the VA Caregiver and the VA Disability is Two different Programs on two different sides of the street that dont even talk to each other. So just because the VA grants SC disabilities at 100% does not mean anything to the Caregiver people. You have to prove that you are Severely Mental and Physical Disabled. As I stated earlier my VA docs actually put me in for the program or I would have never known it existed and just found out the other day via letter that not only am I on the Highest Tier but also kind of like A&A due to the Severity of my disabilities. I am very grateful for the program, but talk about an intrusive program that is always around day and night. So it is not for the faint of heart even if you get approved. I wish I had better words for you. I cant remember bud, are you on SSDI? If not, I think you would get approved fast if you dont work, God Bless!!!

My hearing is in December cant complain everyone told me years before I would have one  it took under a year to get a in person hearing scheduled after I initially filed in January. Are you o SSDI as well Navy04?

Edited by jfrei

Yes  I was grant SSDI back in 2014 at age 32 thru the Wounded Warrior Program, I was approved in 7 weeks, which I hear is pretty fast. It took my twin brother 3 years with lawyers.  I dont see any reason why you would not get approved. You do not currently work, right? My really feel your pain brother, so sorry. I dont pity you or any other Vet, so please dont take offense. People in my small town always want to feel sorry for me cause I am so young, I dont want that, I just want people to understand what we really go thru, not what they think, or see on CNN, or what the President Claims we go thru. Everyday the World and Vets hurt, I hurt more, and I just cant explain in words how it makes me feel on a daily basis. I try my best to help every Vet on here and in my town. I just wish I knew more about the system like a lot of the Good Vets on here. Good luck and just try to stay calm and I hope you have a good support system at home. 

Likewise brother glad to have met your acquantaince on Hadit.com it would definitely be hard to have a Hadit cookout somewhere someday lol

Just as a late side bar to the above conversation: ( L as a healthcare worker...) They appear to note you "Abilities" rather than looking at your "Disabilities" . Which brings a different perspective to the picture. 

even with a TBI - you can utilize compensatory techniques.