Jump to content
  • Advertisemnt

  • 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims


    When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading
  • Ads

  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   


  • Advertisemnt

  • VA Watchdog

  • Advertisemnt

  • Ads

  • Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

    employment 2.jpeg

    You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

  • 0

appeal....dro hearing request


hello all......thank you all for your service to this country and also thank you for the help and advice that you all give to veterans with less knowledge. i have a question about appeals . a large part of my claim. which was recently denied depended heavily on marker evidence, i e evaluations, letters of counselling, reprimand ect  and i believe a large part of that evidence i believe is in my active duty personnel records. i assumed that v a had these records but when i requested my c-file those records nor my active duty medical records were included. i made several .attempts to the nprc for those records but they havent been able to locate them. so i guess i have a two part question, with the first being, does anyone know any other way that i may be able to retrieve those records? is it common for v a to decide cases without such important evidence as active duty records? duty to assist? thank you for any help

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

A little more info, please. How about posting a redacted copy of the actual VA Denial Letter?

What does your POA VSR have to say? Have you filed a DOD & VA FOIA requesting "ALL" your C-File and Military Active Duty Records?

How about a redacted copy of the PTSD C & P DBQ?

Be sure that a DRO Hearing was requested, not just a DRO Review. Give consideration to filing an Official Request for a "DRO Informal Evidence Conference." Research the "Evidence Conference," in the VA M21 DRO Section.

Semper Fi

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I agree with Gastone

So they denied you on lack of or no evidence of record?

not sure what your claim is about but in a case where the veteran can't get or find his military records that would be pertinent favorable to his claim

You may need to get a IMO using a qualified Dr stating that it is likely as not this veteran condition is cause by his military service Using VA Procedures/ Guidelines.

 You can also use buddy statements to testify on your behalf as to what happen how it happen,location, if you an get within a 10 day period using morning reports or statement from your  C.O. or others from your unit that knew you and describe what happen.

  a Good detail lay statement from you and your spouse will be considered.

you can let them know you have tried hard to get your medical & service records from NRPC & other places as well (name them) but they say they can't find them and evidence in them will prove your claim and you ask that they consider your lay statements  because you can't get your military records to prove your case  ect,,,ect,,,ask for the benefit of doubt rule.

If you can put together a goood detailed lay statement and get buddy letters  that will help your claim...now rather or not they believe you is anyone's guess.

Edited by Buck52

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Our picks

    • Type 1 Diabetes recent onset!
      I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in September 2017 OUT OF NOWHERE.

      i am a Navy Reservist and deployed in later 2009 to mid 2010 and again later 2014 to mid 2015; had a 2 year recall between those deployments.  

      Only healthcare received since commissioning in 2008 was from the Navy and no issues EVER.

      insulin dependent and have dietary restrictions and in a non deployable status.

      VA denied initial claim due to Type 1 not showing on active duty and now appealing.

      Anyone with successful experience getting a rating with my circumstances?  I live in Upstate New York.
      • 9 replies
    • Agent Orange Kadena Afb Okinawa
      I am looking for anyone who was on Kadena AFB, Okinawa or .Chanute AFB, IL. My dad was there from Oct. 68-April 70. He has ichemic heart disease, diabetes which has resulted in the amputation of his right leg below the knee and peripheral neuropathy. We were denied in 2002 AMVETS filed a claim on his behalf for heart condition, diabetes and back problems. I refiled in December 2011 and have just received the claim statements and medical release forms. I am familiar with filling out this paper work because my husband is a combat veteran of Iraqi Freedom. I have been reading articles from the Japan times and I am a member of the Agent Orange Okinawa facebook page. Another thing that helps make my dad's case is that he was on Chanute AFB, IL and it is on the EPA Superfund list and has PCBs/Pesticides and Dioxins/Furans listed as ground and water contaminants. I welcome any advice, tips or articles that I may have missed in my own research.
        • Like
      • 15 replies
    • CBO Options for Reducing the Deficit: 2019 to 2028 Published Dec 2018
      CBO Options for Reducing the Deficit: 2019 to 2028 - This CBO Report has been making the news. This post includes parts relevant to veterans. Nothing has been decided as of yet and some seem very unlikely but you never know. Forewarned is Forearmed.


      • 10 replies
    • 2019 Veterans Benefits
      State Benefits, Space A and More ... https://www.hadit.com/2019-changes-to-veterans-benefits-state-and-federal/
      • 2 replies
    • Appeal granted and closed.
      My appeal was granted and closed on November 9.  I got an unofficial notification from the DAV on November 15 stating "appeal granted with an evaluation of 30%" which is great!  My question is this:  How long until I get the official notification from the va? Nothing on ebennies has updated since the appeal closed. Appeal is now in historical and just says complete and at originating va office. I understand no one knows va timelines to a tee but a general timeline would be great.  Thank you all! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!


      Edit:  This was my first time appealing and it was a VBA grant. 
        • Like
      • 6 replies
  • Ads

  • Popular Contributors

  • Ad

  • Latest News
  • Create New...

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines