VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

bilateral ratings

Rate this question

conla

Question

Can bilateral ratings be combined to qualify for the 100% TDIU requirements? I have 80% disability overall rating but my highest single rating is 30%. I have a bilateral rating that is 20% left hand, 20% right hand, 20% left foot and 20% right foot for Peripheral Neuropathy. I was told by Hill & Ponton that the bilateral ratings could be combined to get to the required single rating. Does anyone know if this true or not?

On 10/6/2017 at 2:24 PM, conla said:

john999, It is not the VA  that is taking away TDIU. If the new Federal Budget is passed as is then funding for those over 65 with TDIU awards will be discontinued. If the Budget discontinues the funding for those over 65 with TDIU rating awards then the VA will have no choice but to discontinue TDIU for those over 65. Most people are not aware of what is in the new Federal Budget but should be and do a little research.

In May 2017, the Department of Veterans Affairs proposed a budget for Fiscal Year 2018. If the VA’s proposed budget passes without any changes, it would eliminate TDIU benefits for almost all veterans once they reach the minimum retirement age for Social Security purposes. These veterans would then only receive compensation at the amount corresponding to their total combined schedular rating.

The 2017 defense budget passed.  The IU deal was not part of it.

It was a proposal, which comes up every year, just like getting rid of concurent reciept.

I read the whole bill and posted a link to it in another thread.

No worries,

Hamslice

• HadIt.com Elder

Ham

I think one of the recent issues of VFW magazine spent an entire page slapping themselves on the back for saving TDIU from the ax.   The vet advocates know that cutting TDIU would put thousands of vets into poverty and would eliminate Chapter 35 and DIC benefits for thousands of spouses and dependents.  Even tax cutters and big spenders in government must know that screwing disabled vets is not popular.  Now if this were 1975 I could believe our leaders would have screwed Vietnam vets without a second thought.