VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

NEXUS for PTSD

Rate this question

Rootbeer112

Question

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Any favorable  evidence  from a Qualified Doc always helps. :)

A nexus letter can support a stressor occurred but that does not prove the stressor occurred in the military.

If you do not fall under the July 2010 PTSD criteria, you will need to prove your stressor.....

A "nexus" for PTSD claims is proof of the stressor.

Have you been formally diagnosed with PTSD by a MH professional?

But then the PTSD claim was denied?

Have yuou attached the decision here at hadit anywhere?

7 hours ago, Berta said:

A nexus letter can support a stressor occurred but that does not prove the stressor occurred in the military.

If you do not fall under the July 2010 PTSD criteria, you will need to prove your stressor.....

A "nexus" for PTSD claims is proof of the stressor.

Have you been formally diagnosed with PTSD by a MH professional?

But then the PTSD claim was denied?

Have yuou attached the decision here at hadit anywhere?

Hi Berta,

Yes I have been diagnosed. My stressor was finally verified as my c-file now says. I was just thinking to help my NOD I would send in another NEXUS from my VA Psychiatrist. I have been diagnosed with PTSD inside the VA and by my Outside Psychologist. I claim currently reads, review of evidence in EBENIFITS.

here is an example of the current nexus , a rough copy with my information and doctors redacted.-PTSD NexUS -1.docx-PTSD NexUS -1.docx

It won't hurt but I would think your evidence is solid, since  they have verified your stressor.

1 hour ago, Berta said:

It won't hurt but I would think your evidence is solid, since  they have verified your stressor.

I know but they also informed me they lost half of my records, which include the medical records for the stressor if that makes sense

What did you mean by this:

"My stressor was finally verified as my c-file now says"Was there something from JSRRC that verified the stressor?

(Joint Services Records research Center)

With this MOS alone, in my opinion, there should be no doubt of this stressor:

"The Veteran was in The United States Marine Corps during the First Gulf War and was part of a Crash Fire Rescue Unit which in May 1991 was part of a rescue mission for two air craft which collided in mid-air. "

It could easily be proven with Morning Reports too or even maybe at your unit site here:

https://www.vetfriends.com/units/?unit=10411

But I think you will do OK , Would the additional IMO cost you more money?

I would think you dont need it but then again Rootbeer, we can never have enough evidence.....I knew my AO DMII death claim was solid but I had 3 IMos and even ordered a fourth one- the award came before that last IMO was prepared. I just did not trust the VA anymore and gave them no way out.