VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

NEXUS for PTSD

Rate this question

Rootbeer112

Question

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I remember when I had my PTSD C&P the examiner said she didn't need to go over my stressor's that she had read them in the records and didn't won't to bring up those  awful memories for me...so if his stress are in his records or anywhere c-file or DD-214 With CIB  he should be good & they should concede the stressor's  ..> just hope the rater can read.

unless you guys are meaning rather or not they are read by the rater himself?

I agree with Ms berta I believe you got this in the bud..not saying what rating you will get.

Edited by Buck52

2 hours ago, Berta said:

What did you mean by this:

"My stressor was finally verified as my c-file now says"Was there something from JSRRC that verified the stressor?

(Joint Services Records research Center)

With this MOS alone, in my opinion, there should be no doubt of this stressor:

"The Veteran was in The United States Marine Corps during the First Gulf War and was part of a Crash Fire Rescue Unit which in May 1991 was part of a rescue mission for two air craft which collided in mid-air. "

It could easily be proven with Morning Reports too or even maybe at your unit site here:

https://www.vetfriends.com/units/?unit=10411

But I think you will do OK , Would the additional IMO cost you more money?

I would think you dont need it but then again Rootbeer, we can never have enough evidence.....I knew my AO DMII death claim was solid but I had 3 IMos and even ordered a fourth one- the award came before that last IMO was prepared. I just did not trust the VA anymore and gave them no way out.

I don't know that another IMO would help, My current Psychologist is  PSY doctor, my VA Psychatrist also has me with PTSD. I mean they denied my sleep apnea claim because they said its secondary to my PTSD and until I get PTSD SC I can't be service connected for sleep

21 hours ago, Berta said:

What did you mean by this:

"My stressor was finally verified as my c-file now says"Was there something from JSRRC that verified the stressor?

(Joint Services Records research Center)

With this MOS alone, in my opinion, there should be no doubt of this stressor:

"The Veteran was in The United States Marine Corps during the First Gulf War and was part of a Crash Fire Rescue Unit which in May 1991 was part of a rescue mission for two air craft which collided in mid-air. "

It could easily be proven with Morning Reports too or even maybe at your unit site here:

https://www.vetfriends.com/units/?unit=10411

But I think you will do OK , Would the additional IMO cost you more money?

I would think you dont need it but then again Rootbeer, we can never have enough evidence.....I knew my AO DMII death claim was solid but I had 3 IMos and even ordered a fourth one- the award came before that last IMO was prepared. I just did not trust the VA anymore and gave them no way out.

Berta,

Thanks for the Help. I do know one thing if it doesn't work out this time with my NOD, I am done. I can't keep doing all this stuff, its very mentally draining. I have spoken to a couple other vets on different sites and they said even with all I have as far as Nexus, proof I was with my unit during the plane crash as well as medical records from both the VA and private doctors, they still feel I don't have enough to get connected for PTSD so I guess I just have to wait and see. Don't really know what else to say.

How about posting redacted copies of both your PTSD C & P DBQ and VA PTSD Denial Letter?

What type of Appeal did you request with your NOD Filing, DRO Review, DRO Hearing or Traditional Appeal where RO Reviews the Denial and eventually certifies it to the BVA for a Hearing?

What was your source for the info from your C-File, "My Stressor was finally Verified as my C-File now says?"

Semper Fi

2 minutes ago, Gastone said:

How about posting redacted copies of both your PTSD C & P DBQ and VA PTSD Denial Letter?

What type of Appeal did you request with your NOD Filing, DRO Review, DRO Hearing or Traditional Appeal where RO Reviews the Denial and eventually certifies it to the BVA for a Hearing?

What was your source for the info from your C-File, "My Stressor was finally Verified as my C-File now says?"

Semper Fi

Hey Gastone,

I chose DRO review. There is no place to ask for a hearing on the NOD forms. According to the VSR who called me in July the Military has lost half my records. So I sent in all new DBQ's updated by my doctors, Have nexus letters, and continuing Medical treatment records. The problem I think I am going to have is the medical records from the crash I was in are missing. I got a copy of my c-file and when the VSR asked about my stressor to the Marine Corps, he asked two thing ,#1. Did the aircraft accident occur, #2 was he in that unit. Both answers were yes, very short and sweet. My NOD hit the one year mark Friday October 6th. As far as my medical records that are missing the VSR told me not to even bother looking for them as he has looked everywhere and can't find them.

9 minutes ago, Gastone said:

Semper Fi

I will post my Initial and review DBQ's in a few minutes