VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

NEXUS for PTSD

Rate this question

Rootbeer112

Question

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Root, I'm somewhat confused, are you currently SC'd for an SA DX (What's the date of the SA DX?) Secondary to PTSD, how can that be? Your above post indicates you're currently on a PTSD SC NOD, not an Increase, correct?

For SA to be SC'd as Secondary to PTSD, the VA PTSD SC Effective Date has to pre-date the SA DX, even then the PTSD Nexus is a tough sell.

Semper Fi

17 minutes ago, Gastone said:

Root, I'm somewhat confused, are you currently SC'd for an SA DX (What's the date of the SA DX?) Secondary to PTSD, how can that be? Your above post indicates you're currently on a PTSD SC NOD, not an Increase, correct?

For SA to be SC'd as Secondary to PTSD, the VA PTSD SC Effective Date has to pre-date the SA DX, even then the PTSD Nexus is a tough sell.

Semper Fi

Gastone,

I am  not SC for Sleep Apnea yet. I have to get service connected for PTSD before they will give me SA but they already labeled my Sleep Apnea secondary to PTSD. So if I get the PTSD I will get SA as well I think. On Ebenfitis under disabilities it says PTSD not SC but then there is an arrow under PTSD with Sleep Apnea saying its secondary to my PTSD.

22 minutes ago, Gastone said:

Semper Fi

Gastone,

Here are my Intial DBQ's for PTSD, My review and my Nexus as well as a Copy of my Sleep Apnea Nexus secondary to PTSD. Please tell me what you think

Review PTSD DBQ-Redacted.pdf

Initial PTSD DBQ-Redacted.pdf

PTSD Nexus-Redacted.pdf

Sleep Nexus example.pdf

How about the VA PTSD Denial Letter that you're Appealing, a redacted copy would help.

The 10/2/15 PTSD DBQ, was that a VA Rating Dept requested C & P? The 3/16 VMC support Letter, what were the credentials of the Clinician?

Back in 2011, A Nam Vet in my VMC PTSD Group had a VMC MH Dept DX of PTSD. His biggest issue that was clocking his Anxiety level off the charts, was the VA refusal to SC his DX'd PTSD as SC. During the entire 21/2 yrs of group, and as far as I know, to this date he never got the PTSD SC'd. As I recall, his Denial was all about records confirming his stressors.

9 minutes ago, Gastone said:

How about the VA PTSD Denial Letter that you're Appealing, a redacted copy would help.

The 10/2/15 PTSD DBQ, was that a VA Rating Dept requested C & P? The 3/16 VMC support Letter, what were the credentials of the Clinician?

Back in 2011, A Nam Vet in my VMC PTSD Group had a VMC MH Dept DX of PTSD. His biggest issue that was clocking his Anxiety level off the charts, was the VA refusal to SC his DX'd PTSD as SC. During the entire 21/2 yrs of group, and as far as I know, to this date he never got the PTSD SC'd. As I recall, his Denial was all about records confirming his stressors.

Gastone,

The credentials are Doctor of Psychology. My issues are going to probably be the same, as they have lost half of my records. According to my C-file the VA has confirmed I was with my unit when the Crash occurred, but as far as medical records, half are missing and the VSR I spoke with said don't even bother looking for them because he looked everywhere and cant locate them even past units I served. How that will affect my NOD for PTSD I don't know. Some have said I will definitely get connected, others have said maybe not , so I worry but I do know one thing, if I don't I think I am done with all this stuff as it is very mentally draining.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:15 AM, Berta said:

A nexus letter can support a stressor occurred but that does not prove the stressor occurred in the military.

If you do not fall under the July 2010 PTSD criteria, you will need to prove your stressor.....

A "nexus" for PTSD claims is proof of the stressor.

Have you been formally diagnosed with PTSD by a MH professional?

But then the PTSD claim was denied?

Have yuou attached the decision here at hadit anywhere?

Berta,

How are you. I included in this thread a listing of my Initial DBQ for PTSD, my Review DBQ as well as my PTSD Nexus and  Sleep apnea Nexus secondary to PTSD. I have them listed in a response to Gastone if you could look at them and let me know what you think I would really appreciate it.  Thanks again.