VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

NEXUS for PTSD

Rate this question

Rootbeer112

Question

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Root, regardless of how this DRO review goes, don't even consider letting your Claim Die by not proceeding to the BVA. Something like 60+% of all RO Denial Decisions are overturned by the BVA and if not them the CAVC.

The only thing you have a lot of, is time. A BVA Hearing could take up to 3+ yrs to make it to the on-deck circle. That should be plenty of time for you to get your head back in the game and maybe the PTSD Evidence will surface. Nothing to lose and substantial Financial Gain to be had, a real no other choice, right.

Still need to see the redacted PTSD Denial Letter.

Semper Fi

My opinion is the same as the last post I made here.

Did you try the link I gave you, if you need more proof of the stressor? 

I really dont think you will, but it is hard to determine what the VA will do.

We can overthink this stuff sometimes....I searched for evidence during the entire 6 years my BVA claim took.

I had 2 IM0s from Dr BAsh, a freebee from a former VA neuro, and had even ordered and paid for a 4th IMO- I didnt need and signifant other medical evidence as well.

But I was at AMU at the time and my USMC pref demanded perfection, and I think that transferred into the way I handled that claim....and alI I have filed since.

Even after the award came, I found myself searching and finding more evidence for the same claim. Duh!

And I did find more ....it was my fault. There was only one word in the 6 page autopsy that I had passed over, thinking I knew what it meant. If I had taken the time to look it up in a medical dictionary ( I looked up everything else in the autopsy), it would have been very probative to my claim, without a lot of the other evidence I had.

I know how miserable claims can be. We can over-think as well as  underthink stuff...and as I have said here before over the years-

if you dont have PTSD from service you sure might get it from the outrageous claims process.

8 minutes ago, Gastone said:

Root, regardless of how this DRO review goes, don't even consider letting your Claim Die by not proceeding to the BVA. Something like 60+% of all RO Denial Decisions are overturned by the BVA and if not them the CAVC.

The only thing you have a lot of, is time. A BVA Hearing could take up to 3+ yrs to make it to the on-deck circle. That should be plenty of time for you to get your head back in the game and maybe the PTSD Evidence will surface. Nothing to lose and substantial Financial Gain to be had, a real no other choice, right.

Still need to see the redacted PTSD Denial Letter.

Semper Fi

I'm Looking for the Letter, I am trying to get everything together. I know it basically says I was denied because of no evidence of stressors but now they have that I was with the unit and the event occurred, so we will see. I honestly don't know if I will be denied by the DRO or not, again some people say no way others say maybe so I will just have to see but as of now I am fried.

4 minutes ago, Berta said:

My opinion is the same as the last post I made here.

Did you try the link I gave you, if you need more proof of the stressor? 

I really dont think you will, but it is hard to determine what the VA will do.

We can overthink this stuff sometimes....I searched for evidence during the entire 6 years my BVA claim took.

I had 2 IM0s from Dr BAsh, a freebee from a former VA neuro, and had even ordered and paid for a 4th IMO- I didnt need and signifant other medical evidence as well.

But I was at AMU at the time and my USMC pref demanded perfection, and I think that transferred into the way I handled that claim....and alI I have filed since.

Even after the award came, I found myself searching and finding more evidence for the same claim. Duh!

And I did find more ....it was my fault. There was only one word in the 6 page autopsy that I had passed over, thinking I knew what it meant. If I had taken the time to look it up in a medical dictionary ( I looked up everything else in the autopsy), it would have been very probative to my claim, without a lot of the other evidence I had.

I know how miserable claims can be. We can over-think as well as  underthink stuff...and as I have said here before over the years-

if you dont have PTSD from service you sure might get it from the outrageous claims process.

Hi Berta,

Yes I tried the link.

Proof the aircraft accident occurred is no problem, they just lost a lot of my records so I am worried they will deny me for that, and like I said to gastone some people are telling me no way and other maybe. Just have to wait it out, my NOD hit the 1 year mark Friday October 6th, so hopefully something happens soon.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:15 AM, Berta said:

A nexus letter can support a stressor occurred but that does not prove the stressor occurred in the military.

If you do not fall under the July 2010 PTSD criteria, you will need to prove your stressor.....

A "nexus" for PTSD claims is proof of the stressor.

Have you been formally diagnosed with PTSD by a MH professional?

But then the PTSD claim was denied?

Have yuou attached the decision here at hadit anywhere?

Berta,

What did you mean when you said a "Nexus for PTSD " is proof of the stressor

Root, your VSO can pull-up a copy of your PTSD Denial Letter from either Their's or Your C-File on their office computer. Stop in or phone the VSO HQ and request a copy be E-Mailed to you. Very simple procedure.

Then again, you could just sit back and wait for your DRO Decision (Award or Denial) to arrive in the near or far off future. File a FOIA for your C-File, it'll probably arrive before the DRO Decision.

Semper Fi