VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

NEXUS for PTSD

Rate this question

Rootbeer112

Question

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

1 hour ago, Gastone said:

Root, your VSO can pull-up a copy of your PTSD Denial Letter from either Their's or Your C-File on their office computer. Stop in or phone the VSO HQ and request a copy be E-Mailed to you. Very simple procedure.

Then again, you could just sit back and wait for your DRO Decision (Award or Denial) to arrive in the near or far off future. File a FOIA for your C-File, it'll probably arrive before the DRO Decision.

Semper Fi

I just received a copy of my C-File

I will look for it in there and print out

Was just wondering, Berta said Nexus for PTSD is proof of stressor is that right? I didn't thank that was the case

"Nexus" just means the documented 'link' or cause,in service of the claimed  disability .

For PTSD claims , that do not fall under the 2010 PTSD criteria, it is often an incident that might not appear in any SMRs at all.

You seem to have good proof- your unit was at the scene of the rescue recovery from the crash, your MOS would put you there and then, and you have the PTSD diagnosis from the VA.This is what appears to have been verified by the VA, probably via JSRRC.

Many Vietnam vets had stressors that their SMRs did not reveal. Nor did their discharge certificate reveal any MH problems in service. Often a Wall tracing of a buddy's death in Vietnam might be all they had to prove a nexus of their PTSD.Others had detailed horrific events that could be verified by JSRRC. My daughter helped a group of vets years ago by translating a Vietnamese document they found in Vietnam with their names and SSA #s on it,and one of them gave copies to the other vets in a small unit,of their PTSD award for the exact same incident. The document was not a 'hit list' as they thought for years- it was from a South Vietnamese General stating each man's exceptional bravery that had saved lives, in a terrible firefight. They all got more decorations for this on their DD 215s, and the vet who initially contacted me for help got the DFC.

I cannot foresee that VA would not accept  the nexus you have. 

I am sure this will go OK for you.

forgot to add, and they all were service connected for PTSD due to the firefight they were in.

I hope so too Rootbeer and many members here give solid advice and are 'right'

but none of us can really determine what the VA will do.....your MOS alone was one that was definitely stressful.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:10 AM, Berta said:

I hope so too Rootbeer and many members here give solid advice and are 'right'

but none of us can really determine what the VA will do.....your MOS alone was one that was definitely stressful.

Yes very much so, but I read a lot of the posts here and on other forums and it just seems like its very hard to get anyone in the VA to listen. I was at my Psychaitrist yesterday and she is a VA Psych. doctor and she said my claim is a no brainer, but again who knows