VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Delayed by the VA ion nitial filing......what next?

Rate this question

Mikey5311

Question

Fellow vets:

My question is about initial filing. I filed at the Manila VA. Things were timely. I completed my C & P on 28 Sep 2017. I realize this is a short time frame. However, I spoke with VA rep there and Ebenefits shows "awaiting evidence" and this is from the VA itself. I assume its my CFile and Service Health record.  Here is my concern. I "had" an extensive record as I'm rated 60 percent.

I recieved a copy of my Medical records from National Archives. Only 5 enlistment pages!

I FOIA requested my CFile from St. Petersburg where my last adjudication was. No Answer to my FOIA.

Personally I think my records are lost. I understand St. Pete is notorious for this. Regardless, in my claims I included my last VA Rating Decision which mentions dates of treatment during active duty. What do I do next? Its still early in my claim I realize it - but do I wait indefinitely?

Thanks,

Mike

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

No, you dont wait "indefinately", but early next year, if nothing happens, you can start worrying.  Or, you could just "skip" the worrying step altogether, and focus on something more productive.  

I filed in 2002, so if I learned anything, I know that it takes patience to get VA benefits.  

Yes, St. Pete LOOOVES to destroy or lose your records, but its even harder for them to do that now that most stuff is electronic.  You see, if they delete records online, there will be an electronic record of that.  

I dont yet know if your records were sent to you online, I do know that my entire Cfile is available on DVD, and has been since 2012, when I received a copy of my RBA from my attorney.  The RBA is a record before agency and is supposed to include everything.  

I dont know if Manilla has all or even any of the Vets records online (that is, digital) or not.  I know its a big task for VA to scan every Vets medical records and digitize them, and that it takes a while to do them all.  

My VARO director told me he was digitizing my claim in 2011, and I have seen the digital copy in 2012.  

You can easily send someone's files into another persons eFolder, but that would take work.

When you schedule an exam, it's set for a certain number of days. Even if the exam comes in earlier, it won't override that period. Example, someone 'bumps' date 30 days, and exam comes in the next day. It sits for the next 29 days. They do send the scheduling VSR an email, but that doesn't always get acted upon.

Many times people duplicate PIES requests- Your records could be complete, but they're back X number of pages, and don't get seen. I've done this myself when new. But you see duplicate requests again and again.

Also, any reason to request again and they'll do it. For instance, had a man who had what appeared to be  complete medical records in '45 or '46. The man told me there were no records as he was injured at sea on a small vessel. Quality read through original request and noted it was only for dental- He was cool about it, but said by all rights we needed to do another request for medical records.

There's zero paper records at the local RO. All digitized. If you request records from St. Louis, they get scanned.

Bronco's correct overall, we just get too worried about what the finks are doing.