VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Entitlement to Service Connection for Neck Disability

Rate this question

MarineCombatVet70

Question

I just found out that the Veterans' Law Judge awarded me Entitlement to Service Connection for my Neck Disability.

Can anyone give me an idea on what my disability rating might be? According to my notice from the BVA it states Evidence received...demonstrates diagnoses of cervicalgia, spondylosis, degenerative arthritis, degenerative disc disease, and facet arthropathy of the cervical spine.  I've been in chronic pain for years.  I've been service connected for PTSD 50% and Tinnitus 10% - currently 60% total.  My PTSD aggravates my neck pain and stiffness from tension.

I was also awarded service connection for multiple skin cancers including melanoma.  But at this time I do not have any that I am aware of.  My thoughts are even though I'm service connected I will not get any compensation at this time.

Thanks for the help.

Vietnam Combat Marine 1970-71

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Rating on the cervical spine largely depends upon your limitations in range of motion.

When the C&P doc filled out his DBQ, you should be able to get an idea as to what  your range of motion limitations currently are.

Pain symptoms alone with no other defects in ROM should rate 10%.

Edited by 63Charlie

Percentages are based on "symptoms" not diagnosis.  So we dont know what your rating will be because we dont know what your symptoms are.   If your condition(s) are asymptomatic, the rating is usually 0 percent.  If you are paralyzed from the neck down, then you will likely get 100 percent, and every where in between based on symptoms.