VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal with no hearing

Rate this question

stumpy579

Question

I have read an appeal without a hearing will be processed faster. Has anyone filed an appeal and went through without a hearing? How much faster will it be decided? I have filed an appeal and requested no hearing and it is now at the board with a docket number. I know it will be a long time but just how much less time as opposed to a video hearing? Do they work all appeals strictly by docket number or do no hearing appeals move ahead of those waiting for a hearing?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe the DRO  Hearings/or Video Hearings are faster than the BVA Hearings  but it could depend on some issues with your claim/ case , like expedite of your claim if your homeless or hardship. and of course the Backlog.

They take the NOD Appeals as they come in so depending on how many are ahead of yours.

I would opt for a DRO Hearing  but too it depends on your case in General.

Its always better to try to find a solution  to your claim at the RO Level but  that's easier said than done.

Waiting time at the BVA is like 5 years out  give or take.

Some things may have changed?  this is old school.

jmo

Edited by Buck52

You may be able to call the BVA omnibudsman, or, your VSO may be able to tell you the docket number.   VSO's have to "file a brief" for the BVA.   The "brief" consists mostly of the VSO reminding the BVA judges the Veteran is entitled to the benefit of the doubt.  

I agree with Buck...if you have been "on the docket since 2016, its gonna be "several" more years, UNLESS the new legislation actually changes things.  You can check the BVA chairmans report, if you like, but they are running about 5 years, like Buck said.  

https://www.bva.va.gov/Chairman_Annual_Rpts.asp

if you have ever used the IRIS send a message to the BVA they will send it to you. As Buck stated it depends on your situation and or how far back does your claim goes back, if your retro is over 5 digits? What is the appeal for service connection, increase, or something else? As far as having a hearing its all on what you have in your file, in my case I opted out of a hearing because I had an overwhelming amount evidence on my side and no SOC was ever issued. L