VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P EXAM within 48 hours

Rate this question

Grumpbox

Question

To ALL:

I realize this post may or may not be in the appropriate area; furthermore, please accept my apologies if I bend the rules or post out of context.  This is first post and done so under extreme circumstances.  Tbird...we spoke today via Linkedin, if you should see this entry, you know exactly who this is. 

SITUATION: I got blindsided by the VA a week ago.  They want 'another' C & P Exam for my PTSD.  This will be my second one since my medical retirement.  Currently, I am almost five years post retirement.  My first one was one year after retirement.  

A little bit about my past will follow shortly; however, my prompt here is to seek any advice for those recently interviewed by the VA for this procedure.  Don't get me wrong...I am NOT picky. There are many troops here that offer sage advice.  ***My C & P Exam is this Friday @ 1000hrs*** Thus, why so urgent.

Advice I am looking for: Any "do's" and "don't" regarding replies to questions.   Currently, I am 100% Post-PTSD with the NOS rating and the bells and whistles that accompany this disease.  I won't burden or bore the readers with my daily/nightly rituals, symptoms, fears, triggers, or how this change in lifestyle has negatively affected my well-being and that of others.  

Bottom Line: I am so worried the VA will suffocate my symptoms with regulatory rhetoric where they can justify a reduction in rating.  

From here I will cease writing details and leave time for Q & A from others.    

In advance - thank you for responding and offering any words of wisdom!!

GB...

Are you currently SC'd for PTSD or any other disabilities? You were medically Retired, have those conditions been Claimed and Rated?

All PTSD C & P Exams are of a forensic nature and will meet the DSM-V guidelines. What you say, can and will be used against you. If you have a CIB, PH or Bronze with V, your combat stressors are a given. After that, it comes down to over reporting of symptoms.

Semper Fi

14 minutes ago, Gastone said:

Are you currently SC'd for PTSD or any other disabilities? You were medically Retired, have those conditions been Claimed and Rated?

All PTSD C & P Exams are of a forensic nature and will meet the DSM-V guidelines. What you say, can and will be used against you. If you have a CIB, PH or Bronze with V, your combat stressors are a given. After that, it comes down to over reporting of symptoms.

Semper Fi

Gastone:

Unsure of a few acronyms so bare with me.   "Are you currently SC'd for PTSD or any other disabilities?"  What is SC'd??

Yes, I have other disabilities: PTSD/NOS, Back, shoulder, headaches, both hips, and a few other minors ones.  

Yes, all conditions were claimed and rated.  I actually went through a MEB/PEB...the DES Pilot program at San Antonio, TX in 2011.  

Awards and such: CIB, like an idiot, I didn't take or allow them to submit my PH.  If only I'd known....

Thank you much for the reply!!!!

GB

"SC'd," Service Connected. What is your current PTSD SC Rating and effective Date?

What is your CSC (Combined Service Connection Rating)?

Are you certain that your upcoming C & P Exam if for PTSD, not your other SD'd conditions?

CURRENT PTSD RATING: 100%

Effective date: 28 NOV 2012

When I retired my PTSD was 50%, then I had an annual PTSD C&P Review a year later and they bumped it to 100%

When I  INITIALLY retired my ratings were as follows: 

PTSD 50%

Sleep Apnea 50%

Back 20%

R Shoulder 10%

L & R Hips, 10% for each 

Headaches from concussion 30%

I think this about it each for SMK (???) for ED... 

My C&P Exam is this Friday @ 1000hrs....

UPDATE....UPDATE....UPDATE

I have yet to see if the VA has dropped my current rating since my C&P Exam for PTSD, 20 October 2017.  

I checked my Ebenefits and noticed under "Rated Disabilities" beside my first disability (PTSD) it NOW says:

"PTSD - Combat". 

Whereas before, it only said: "Disability Evaluation System (DES).

Again, I've received now correspondence in the mail nor does anything else on my Ebenefits demonstrate a change to my current rating.  

Scrolling down this page and at the bottom of "Rated Disabilities," there is a "Pending Claim" link. 

When I click the link, I get the following:

Status of Your Claim

PREPARATION FOR DECISION

• Submitted: 09/29/2017 (Compensation)
  • Estimated Completion: 10/23/2017 - 10/28/2017  
  • Disabilities Claimed: posttraumatic stress disorder and anxiety disorder, NOS (claimed with insomnia) with traumatic brain injury and vertigo (claimed with memory loss) (RFE)
  • Current Status: Preparation for Decision

Any one have any input on the change why they added this part, "PTSD - Combat"?

Thanks for any input!!!

GB