VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ugh applied for tdui and at 90 right now

Rate this question

dsd84dsd

Question

6 answers to this question

The short answer is we dont know.  

A guess would be that you have been awarded an extra 30 percent for an increase OR you got a new disabilty rating which resulted in an additional 30 percent.  

You have  at least 2 choices to find out:

1.  You can wait for the BBE.  (recommended)

2.  You can try to call your VSO, who may or may not know, and who may or may not tell you the truth.  

Edited by broncovet

Option (1) wait for the Award/Denial Letter or go see your POA VSR. Your VSR should be able to access your C-File on his computer. Give him a call first, you may have to visit the VSO HQ office at your RO.

While your waiting for the Award Letter, file a VA FOIA requesting your complete C-File, you're going to need it for your probable Appeals.

Could you share what made you think you'd be Awarded IU? Are you too disabled to do even Sedentary Work that would provide in excess of the VA SGI $12,400?

Have you contacted the VA Vocational Rehabilitation Dept to verify that you are currently Unemployable due solely to your SC Conditions? The VR Denial of Services Letter can be a Deal Maker with IU Claims.

• HadIt.com Elder

You must file for TDIU and specify which disability makes you unemployable.   I am also 90%, but I have TDIU.  It is a big difference in money.   Plus once you get TDIU you may be eligible for SMC  "S" which is another $300 a month.  Now when you figure we get a 2% increase for me this means another $70 a month with my two SMC's.   So all told my TDIU P&T plus SMC gets me over $3500 a month now and will be close to $3600 when we get the 2%.  I had to fight for it and I was denied the first time around, but with Voc. Rehab you should apply yesterday.

• HadIt.com Elder

john999

Are you sure your still being rating with TDIU/with 2 SMC's?

You should check ebenefits and see how they have you rated ??

usually another separate & distinct  70% Award =SMC  and  Final degree rating of 100% so this makes the IU Moot.  even at the 90% extra scheduler to get IU the 70% would bring you over the top for a 100% rating and Quailfy for  SMC-S