Common VA Disabilities

questions-348x180.jpeg

14 Questions about Veterans Disability Compensation Benefits Claims 

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about when it comes to filing VA Disability Claims.

Popular Forums Common VA Disabilities

wgreenlee12

c&p exam General Medical

Question

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has experienced a "General Medical" C&P Exam. I have a increase claim in and had my doctor do a exam and submit a DBQ for the condition. Even with the DBQ the VA has contracted out to MSLA and ordered a c&p exam. I have looked into the different types of C&P Exams and noticed that this type of exam is for the complete body. If anyone has any input I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks 

3 answers to this question

Of course, there are 2 types of c and p exams:  reduction exams and when you apply for benefits (or for an increase). 

I have no idea what you applied for, so I have no idea why you had a general c and p exam.  You need to give more information, if you want more accurate answers, other than "general" answers.  

I know that I was sent for what was quoted as a general medical C&P exam because I had multiple contentions related to GWI. (Memory loss, bi-lateral arm/shoulder pain, sleep disturbances & stomch issues).

Sorry about the lack of info. I had a C&P Exam for loss of use of right hand. The Examiner stated things that contradicted herself so I guess now the question should be is there a way to dispute this exam. I had my treating doctor who did a DBQ indicate that not only in the DBQ but also a nexus statement that I have loss all use of my right hand. He also indicated in the office notes that I can not grip nor grasp. The Exam states I have limited functional  activities that include frequent grabbing, grasping of objects due to peripheral nerve condition. Then the very next sentence say's The veteran can preform general activities without significant restrictions. This makes no sense to me maybe someone here can explain. Thanks for any input.