VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts | Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

8 Years finally BVA Grants

Rate this topic

SergeantQ

8 years later, but whose counting... finally service connected! Drop the confetti and que music 🎶 

BBE came today. File closed in ebenefits 4 days ago. 

No lawyer but my nexus won for me. Dr. Craig Bash did my IMO... he nailed it! Thanks to everyone that helped me; especially Asknod, Tbird, Bertha and more. 

No word on the rating. (Gyne disorders). My vso is acting hush hush. He was happy to tell me I won my appeal but when I asked about my rating he won’t return my calls. 👀This worries me. I swear it’s always one worry after the other.  No new changes to ebenifits.

Anybody know if retro will just show up via my direct deposit or if am in for another long wait? I’m hearing appeals have to go back to RO first. I just need them to cut the check. 😳

Congratulations!  Now the bad news.  After a BVA Grant, the VARO has to "implement" the Board's decision, and this means at least 2 things:

1.  More delays..you dont get paid until its implemented.  This CAN be quick, or it can take a while.  My guess...1 to 6 months.  Could be more or less..I have had 4 BVA decisions.  

2.  The board decision is likely for service connection ONLY, this means the VARO will decide a disability percentage, and an effective date, which you may have to appeal either or both of these if you dont agree.  Yea, I thought so the first Board decision also..mine was in 2003..that it was over.  In my case the Board was a "full grant of benefit sought", which the RO decided was "0 percent".  YOurs could be radically different.  

3.  For reasons above, still, congrats, but dont go spending your money just yet.   It will be a while.  Once, I got the money from a board decision in just a couple weeks.  

4.  To try to get advance notice, you can sometimes check the AB8 letters at ebenefits.  While ebenefits is unrelaible, the VA does not want people with letters stating they are rated "x" percent, unless that is true.  

6 hours ago, broncovet said:

Congratulations!  Now the bad news.  After a BVA Grant, the VARO has to "implement" the Board's decision, and this means at least 2 things:

1.  More delays..you dont get paid until its implemented.  This CAN be quick, or it can take a while.  My guess...1 to 6 months.  Could be more or less..I have had 4 BVA decisions.  

2.  The board decision is likely for service connection ONLY, this means the VARO will decide a disability percentage, and an effective date, which you may have to appeal either or both of these if you dont agree.  Yea, I thought so the first Board decision also..mine was in 2003..that it was over.  In my case the Board was a "full grant of benefit sought", which the RO decided was "0 percent".  YOurs could be radically different.  

3.  For reasons above, still, congrats, but dont go spending your money just yet.   It will be a while.  Once, I got the money from a board decision in just a couple weeks.  

4.  To try to get advance notice, you can sometimes check the AB8 letters at ebenefits.  While ebenefits is unrelaible, the VA does not want people with letters stating they are rated "x" percent, unless that is true.  

Wow! So I should probably stop checking my direct deposit, huh? Dang. It's always something. The letter did say "Service Connection is granted." But you're right, nothing about a rating. I was wondering why they just didn't tell me how much I was getting and why my VSO started dodging my calls after he gave me the news. Well, the rating should be what the schedule ratings (30%) say it should be - not Zero. That's not right. I'm probably going to pass all the way out if they come back after 8 years and say zero percent. Lord just take me now!!!!!

Lol. But seriously broncovet, if what your saying is true... I have a long wait. Dang. And ebenefits has not moved from "prep 4 decision." dang. Well there goes my weekend.

Keep hope alive.

Edited by SergeantQ

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use