VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How to OBTAIN C-FIle??

Rate this question

Grumpbox

Question

Do any of the wizards on here know how to obtain his/her own C-File????

WHY: I recently conducted my five year since retirement C&P for PTSD.  I didn't get a copy (imagine that).  It was so scripted, and I am concerned on the examiner's opinion/input.  

I want to be ready for my next tactical move; however, without the Intel, I have no idea how to maneuver/prepare. 

I would be happy to elaborate on the conduct of the exam, i.e., questions asked, setting, and situation as it pertained to me, etc.  

Many thanks in advance for any wisdom!!

GB

Was the PTSD C & P conducted at your VMC? If so, within about a week or so the C & P exam and DBQ should show up in your VMC Medical Records and be available for copies.

If you have a MHV (My Healthy Vet) account, you can check and download from the Blue Button Med Recs section after about 3 business days, so next Thursday.

My VMC??  Lost on what this is?  The C&P occurred in Nashville. Address: 2 International Plaza.  I don't even think its a traditional VA Center. 

Regarding the 'My Healthy Vet' account, I don't even know if I have one.

Man!!!  I feel so out of pocket and behind on all this knowledge of the VA world....

UPDATE TO LAST POST....

Found the, "Health Vet" site....had been a while since I logged in....reset USER ID/Password....very little information on my entire file, even dating back before my retirement!!!  

Should I be concerned???  I have my entire records since retiring...its almost two-three inches thick of paperwork?  Should all this info be in my Health Vet file???

Your MHV Med File is VMC Specific and will only include SMR's that have been provided for upload to your VMC Recs.

Have you filed a DOD and VA FOIA for all Service and C-File Records on CD? Up to an 8 month wait so if you haven't already done so, you're burning daylight.

Gastone - sorry...again, I am not up on these acronyms: VMC, etc...

I've only visited a few VA Centers locally within the state I reside.  However, the bulk of my records when I was medically retired contain the crucial documents that support ALL my claims/current disabilities. 

No such DOD and VA FOIA is currently underway requesting all documentation.  I did however, upon my medical retirement request a complete file of my medical records, which dates back to my initial enlistment.  

Again, I am looking primarily for the results from this C&P exam that occurred last week.  I realize no such data might exist yet; however, I am trying to be 'Johnny on the spot' and know how to obtain my C-FIle....

• HadIt.com Elder

Grumpbox 

Here is a fairly full list of most of the'' acronyms'' used with the VA Language

just clink this link and it will give you a list.

http://helpdesk.vetsfirst.org/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=2825 

Please Note

VMC (Veterans Medical center) Also some C&P Exams are contracted out by the VA and the Veteran is contacted by a private medical provider such as QTC. This type of C&P will not be done at a VA medical center its performed at the QTC Locations.

Also to get a copy of your last C&P EXAM

Try your VA MEDICAL CENTER in Nashville go to the information desk ask where the VBA is located? ( VETERANS BENEFITS ADMINISTRATION)

go up to the window or wait to be called if your inline and ask for a copy of your last C&P Exam and give the date.....they will have you to sign a paper that gives them permission to do so  & on this piece of paper you will give your name and claim # and what you need. (copy of my last C&P EXAM ON DATE **/**'/****

That's all you need to do they will call you in to see a VSO (veterans service officer)...He should have that piece of paper with him....and that's it he can make you a copy of what you need.

Edited by Buck52