VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

been sitting in review of evidence month after c n p

Rate this question

adkins7b

Question

claim got closed back in july because they didnt tell me about a c p exam.. got it repopened.. its over 1 year so i think that makes it top list.. 12 of october to 7 november.. cant stop checking it, been a month since c n p.. I'm guessing anyday, im living overseas and i hate ebenefits wont let u read the leatter.. mail takes 14 to 20 days. I guess if i get money in my account i'll know before the paper work comes? any feedback.. i know noone probably knows

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Did you get a copy of the C & P DBQ? Could you post a redacted copy?

You're currently 100% SC, what exactly are you shooting for?

Semper Fi

I agree with Gastone.  I will assume this c and p exam is for housebound or aid and attendance?  

A month since a C and p exam is not long, per VA time.  VA actually measures time in years not months, that is, if you discount the VA's fake wait lists, and other fake VA stuff like "eliminating the VA backlog" wherer they pretty much denied most people and shoved it into appeals, where the wait is longer.  

At least one Vets advocate does not recommend using ebenefits for some great reasons:

1.  Its unreliable

2.  It drives you nuts checking it several times a day.

Instead of repeatedly checking ebenefits, I suggest you get a hobby:  Fishing, play chess, enjoy time with grandkids, etc.etc etc.  Waiting on the proverbial "check in the mail" is rarely productive.  I think its okay to check it maybe twice a week, but I dont recommend more than that.  

Once thing you CAN do is to plan out what you will do when you get the check.  Lets say there are 3 possibilities:

1.  No check at all.

2.  0 to $10,000

3.  More than 10,000.  

You can make a plan for each of these.  For example:

1.  No check...read the decision and file a NOD.  You can order your cfile now, or maybe just he c an p exam.  It gives you a chance to challenge the competency of the examiner if so indicated.  

2.  You can make a "priority" list for bills to pay, and fun thing you want to do with the money.  I suggest you save some if not most of it.  I still have retro unspent from my 2009 award..and Im glad.  I invested it, some of it in bitcoin, and man am I glad of that.  

3. Again, you make a priority list that goes deeper this time.  

Have fun.  Its better to choose to look at the brighter side, and yes, I know Im one of the worst.  

I filed for aid and attancdance the way i understand smc s is 100 plus 60 but if you get aid and attandance that puts you at smc l. I have 50 percent for sleep apnea so if they increase my mental to 100 percent from 70 i'll be smc l 1/2. Its not physical but my depression anxiety is bad and i'm no good for long periods alone.  I can not keep up with basic cleaning and cooking hygene. physically i can walk . my memory is a bit bad.. i guess i'll wait and see. Claims seem to be going alot better than years ago when i fierst started took 2 years.. after that its been around 9 months.. i think the gage on ebenifits is good as long as its clear cut and all evidence there.. thanks for the input

Sorry, no, A and A is not 100 plus 60.  That is for housebound (SMC S), a lesser benefit.  To get statuatory housebound, your 100 plus 60 has to be seperate and distinct from each other.  And, recent cases suggest its a "combined" 60 not an added 60.  

Yes maybe I lose people 100 plus 60 is smc s. But if u get aid and attandance from what I read u jump to smc l. Then every 50 percent moves u up a mark that would make me smc l 1/2 . Guess I'll know very soon