VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Referral for VA knowledgeable Psychiatrist near GA Please.

Rate this question

armorer

Question

This involves GAD, TBI, migraines, tinnitus (but really also includes dementia, water on the brain (NPH), Meniere's disorder, centralized sleep apnea, depression, et. al... all secondary to latent stages of Blast Shock TBI ).

I am in the GA area, but am having a problem locating a Psychiatrist IMO expert ANY where. I have also just moved across country and have no VA experts to guide me at all for anything. I used to have a whole TBI department's support which I severely need, and have absolutely no support at all now: period.

To be discrete with an actual referral candidate, please PM me. Thank you!

Edited by armorer
  • Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Ok.  For an IMO, your doctor need not live near you.  You send him your medical records, pay him, and he sends you an IMO.  

For an IME, yes you would need a doctor near enough to you that you could travel there.  An IME is Independent medical Exam, an IMO is an Indepedent Medical Opinion based on your medical records.  

There are several IMO docs who are nationwide and do them.  Dr. Bash, Dr. Anise, to name a couple.  

Thanks Broncovet, but neither of them are a Psychiatrist. I know Dr. Bash, and Dr. Anise from what I hear, can do anything expertly, but a Psychiatrist is desired mainly because it is a MH issue from an official TBI expert (and M.D.)

Maybe there is no VA expert Psychiatrist available, since I have never heard of one yet. Dr. Brett Valette wrote an expert Psychologist IMO, but the root diagnosis changed mid-water (to Blast Shock TBI.) However any reasonable person could easily understand it, since the new diagnosis added further validity to GAD secondary diagnosis. Thus far, early indications from DAV are that QTC has still not understood it.

Edited by armorer

Thanks again, Broncovet.  I had used him before, but due to a M.D.'s (slightly different) root cause analysis afterwards, a fraudulent QTC Psychologist rating , TBI exams for a solid year, and homelessness, it got side-stepped in all the confusion.

I need to start looking at required time lines for processing. except this is at the lawyer stage now: so I'll let them handle the details. 

I appreciate your time and expertise Broncovet!

• HadIt.com Elder

armorer

Keep in good contact with your attorney and make sure he/she does covers your time line appeals. don't let your appeals time limit run out.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use