VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vike 17- What Exactly Is The Process?

Rate this question

Guest jangrin

Question

Guest jangrin

Vike 17,

It is fairly apparent that you have had or currently have exposure and experience in the VA claims process. It would be really nice if you would take a few minutes and explain the claim process (ideally the process) the typical claim takes through the VA maze and the steps it takes to be processed and granted. Start to Finiah.

I understand that their are many problems and things don't go smoothly, but having an idea of what happens and typically how long it should take and how many different people are assigned to each file and who makes the detrmination.

You know what I mean, the flow chart of a typical claim. It would be most helpful. And please who are those people who answer the 800# and the IRIS inquiries. Why so many different answers to questions that contradict each other? Help us out here maybe with some addtional knowledge we can be more productuive and help unclog the VA claims systems by doing our part more completely or something.

Thank you

Jangrin

• Answers 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't get to discouraged why not call and find out who the Docs are and what the C&P's are for exactly. Some claim a lot of different things and you may want to defer some of the stuff that are stopping moving forward.

A break is a good thing if nothing is going on but I think you have worked way to hard to be giving up either.

Pete is right, you should call Monday and they will tell you exactly what the c & p is for. I would also come up with something about the month of March and try to reschedule that appointment in Feb.

Cavman