VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Persistence pays off.

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

Persistence pays off!  Background:

In 2002, I "was told" by VFW that I should drop my claim.  

In 2004, I "was told" by another VSO that I should "settle" for 0 percent hearing loss and not appeal.  

In 2005, I lost my home waiting on VA to process my benefit claim.  

In 2006, several attorney's told me "I didnt have a case".  

In 2008, I filed a "Special Handling Request" due to mishandled evidence by my VARO.  It was "quietly" denied by my VARO.  

In 2009, I was awarded 100 percent, to 2007.  I appealed the effective date. 

In 2012, I got a remand in part, partial grant, partial denial.  

In 2013, other lawyers told me I had no case.  

In 2013, the VARO said I should be happy with 100 percent or they could reduce me.  

In 2017, I was awarded TDIU, with another 2 years of retro.    My attorney declined to represent me in an appeal, so I asked others.  

I hired an attorney today, after at least 5 attorney's told me no, that I had no case THIS week.  

Im gonna win this earlier date..I "feel it"

Persistence pays off when all else fails.    

• HadIt.com Elder

I Always let veterans know  not to ever give up  eventually you will win

if broncovet wins his case ?    this is a good example of PERSISTENCE.

but be aware even the best attorney's are fooled into the Wicked ways of the VA.

It's laughable how many CUEs I have had on my claims. After 9 years, 6 after my form 9, I get 100% T&P, they only give me 4 months back for 100% Effective Date. Looking evidence considered, they only looked at VAHS medical records from 2013 on, when I have 20% and 40% hypertension blood pressures going back to 1998 in my VAHS records. Observation notes (doctors notes in your records) note diminished kidney function going back to the same time period, and they only upped my renal to 80% in May 2017. Never give up, NEVER SURRENDER!!!  google site:va.gov lead exposure san diego may 1983 july 1990 first 2 are mine 1554170 and 1422689. They still haven't SC me for lead, gout, sleep apnea, tinnitus or GERD. I want that $142,000 back pay they screwed me out of. 

Bronco,

Great news bud, and you keep it going. I have a quick question, I have been 100% P&T since last year. I see that you were 100%, and then applied for TDIU, is there any benefit to that? Also, I had an FDC that I filed for an increase in my back around August 2017. The C&P examiner granted Nerve damage for the left leg as I was going to have back surgery in September 2017. So I turned around and opened a new FDC September the 20th, as I was not going to accept the 20% I currently have for my lower back, as I had L3/L4/L5 surgery, with severe nerve damage to my left leg. The surgery actually did not work and I need a fusion up to my neck. So my reopened claim finished yesterday and it states under disabilities, Lumbar Back Strain 20%(Claimed as Temporary Total Disability).  I didnt see an update in the %, or my pay, as this would qualify me for SMC S, as I have my bladder condition currently granted at 60%. What is your opinion on this? Thanks in advance

Edited by Navy04
forgot to follow this thread