VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

ed and more?

Rate this question

rickk1

Question

I am 60% service connected and have had diabetes type 2 for about 9 years.  I've been having erection problems for about 15 years and have tried all the pills, all the shots/injections, and a pump as well yet nothing happened.  I just recently went on blood pressure meds.  Is it possible for me to file a new claim and get a readjustment to my 60%? I am within 1 month of being 64.  I am also on daily aspirin therapy due to several blood clots since 1995.  What should I do?  Should I file a claim or what?  

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

you can file a claim for ED secondary to your DMII.

I doubt they will give you a EED back 15 years but its worth a try to request it usually they will S.C. Your ED from the date you file a claim for it.

but if you have records detailing you was having ED Problems.

File a Claim for ED Secondary to DMII/Medications get a Urologist to nexus the medications to be related to your ED and  is likely as not the reason for your E.D.  and request the ED be given back as 15 years when the ED first started giving you problems...you will need medical records for prove this.

Please Note: if your approved and S.C. for ED this will be a 0% rating but pays the 103 monthly in addition to your 60%  it will not bring your rating of 60% up.

ED is a not rating % disability and they S.C. it at 0%  but pay the additional 103 month

jmo

Edited by Buck52

ED is an SMC K Award, why are you dragging your feet on filing the ED Claim? Start the FDC on your E-Ben site today, don't lose anther month of SMC K, just don't hit the Submit Button yet.

Have you ever asked your VA Urologist why your Johnson doesn't work? Ask him/her for an ED DBQ, should do the trick, even if your DD won't.                  Semper Fi

I agree with the above.  Dont drag your feet, file.  However, when you get your award letter, if you question the effective date, then you can post the reasons and we may be able to help.

There is no application for SMC required.  VA is supposed to award it when you meet the criteria.  So, if you meet the criteria 15 years ago, you could get 15 years back pay.  

The effective date for SMC is the day you meet the criteria, and not the date you apply, because smc is inferred.  

Rick, I see a major Nexus problem regarding your ED Claim. You mention the problem started 15 yrs ago and your DMII DX was Awarded  9 yrs ago.

You didn't indicate any active duty problems with your plumbing so you're looking for a Secondary Award to an SC Condition you were DX'd and Awarded SC prior to your ED symptoms presenting and and being treated.  VA doesn't Award for Reverse Nexus Secondaries.

It's not unusual for men 40+, sometimes younger, to experience periodic ED symptoms. This is especially true if they've lead a relatively unhealthy lifestyle, smoking , drinking etc. Most private and VA PCP's don't really get into addressing non DX'd possible causative issues. If you don't have a health issue that precludes an RX for any one of the Super Pills, that's their 1st recommendation. They simply write it off as Age and Lifestyle related.