VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Certified to Board of Veteran Appeals

Rate this question

Fat

Question

I received notice from the regional office my claim had been certified to the Board of Veteran Appeals.

What does this mean?

Do I have 90 days to submit additional information?

When is the docket number assigned?

Is the BVA going to contact me when they receive the appeal?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Fat, you are now in the LOOOOOOOOOONG line for VA Appeals. A Docket Number, based on the Date of Arrival at the BVA Intake Desk will be assigned shortly or has already been assigned. Keep in mind, unless you have a VA Accepted Hardship for Advancement of your Appeal, every Docket Number already issued in 17-16-15 Etc comes before you.

As to the submission of New and Material Evidence to the BVA, you have right up to the expiration date of the BVA Notification Letter addressing a 90 Day Cutoff as to Submission of N & M Evidence. That could be 1-2+ years down range.

Check AskNod's site, he's had way more BVA/CAVC experience than just about anybody here on Hadit. Also, take a look at VA Lawyer, Chris Attig's site VetLaw Blog; very informative.

Can you explain again about the 90 day period to submit additional information at the BVA.

You can submit New & Material Evidence (evidence that is not considered Evidence of Record) up until the Date stipulated in the "90 Day N & M Evidence" letter sent prior to your scheduled Hearing Date.

Check with your VSR, VA lawyer or Claims Agent. Wouldn't be prudent to attempt the BVA on your own.

• HadIt.com Elder

I filed a CUE in or around 2006.  From VARO to CAVC it took 6 years and then it went back to the BVA and back to CAVC for an additional 18 months.  It can take an expected life time to get through these appeals and then you still may likely lose.  This is why I always have tried to get a good decision at the lowest level being the VARO/DRO.   I waited a couple of years for a BVA Hearing and it lasted 20 minutes and I had to wait six more months for a decision I then appealed to CAVC.   Justice delayed is justice denied. 

John

• HadIt.com Elder

Fat

Call into the hadit podcast radio show tomorrow evening at 7:00pm eastern time  (Thursday  Nov 2nd)

347-237-4819 then hit option 1.

Jbasser and Jerrel cook are having Asknod (ALEX) ON you can call in and ask questions 

CAVC BVA Questions You will be glad you did.

Alex is is very intelligent about those guys up there  he can give you an answer.

Although  hadit elders Gastone & john999 has some good advise also.

Edited by Buck52