VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD Claim pending approval

Rate this question

babs1979

Question

My claim status is now Pending Decision Approval. It says  "The recommended decision is reviewed, and a final award approval is made. We will process the decision and review it for accuracy, and notify you by mail. If it is determined that more evidence or information is required, the claim will be sent back in the process for more information or evidence.". Hope this works out favorable!!

My claim was at gathering evidence then to preparation for decision, then back to gathering evidence. When it went back to gathering evidence, my C&P examiner called me for some additional paperwork that the VA requested. I provided what I had and she said it was good and would write an addendum to the VA with the paperwork. A week later I'm back to preparation to decision and then Pending decision approval in one day. Then my date moved up to 11/2/17. What does this mean? Does this sound like a good sign?

Welcome aboard,

My FDC claim that I filed last month just did the same thing. Went back and forth a few times, with no C&P exam required on this claim. As of yesterday morning it went to Prep for Notification, and just now at 5:00am  it is complete with success. That is very normal for the claim status to change, as Ebenefits is not always up to date. Just try not to go crazy, lol. Good luck and keep us posted. God Bless

Thank you for sharing. I'm becoming an Ebenefits addict. lol. It's just that I submitted so many things after my C&P that would have changed my C&P outcome but I've called and they assured me that they looked at everything I sent and they don't base it off just the C&P alone. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Once you get a decision and you don't agree with it for what ever reason  you can disagree with them , you have a year to do that.(Notice of Disagreement)

Remember if they don't use the information /evidence you sent in after your C&P or they don't use it in making the decision ? you keep that and use it for your disagreement (NOD)  So check your ''What We Decided'' close  or reason and basis of their decision

Although it could be a possible CUE but would be a Hard CUE to win out unless the information evidence they had and never used it could have change the outcome of the decision.

who ever told you or assured you they read it  you need to ask that person to send you an email to confirm that statment  ''phone calls'' will not be used as proper evidence  so even though  what they tell you on the phone  its not good or can be use in your claim...they can say they don't remember having a phone conversation  or get out of it some how.

jmo

Edited by Buck52

Thank you for the info. I'll be sure to do it that it comes out that way. Now as of this morning, Preparation for decision. That's pretty quick. Praying it's favorable.

Edited by babs1979

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck

What you said about missing information in a claim having to have outcome determining  impact on a claim is really a kick in the yarbels for many a vet who has a CUE.   That little phrase along with evidence being "debatable" has sunk many a CUE.  The BVA and CAVC routinely rolls these phrases out to deny CUE's.  Just about anything you maintain as a CUE beyond clerical error is "debatable" .  The VA left out my IMO on an old claim.  They claimed it was "debatable" if the evidence would be "outcome determinate" .  My IMO that the VA failed to consider said I was 100% and CAVC said that was debatable and might not be outcome determinate since the VA awarded me just 10%.   I lost it back in 1973.  Then VA failed to send me appeal rights by sending it to wrong address (Return to sender, addressee unknown).  I still lost and my lawyer threw in the towel when Fed. Circuit refused to hear my claim.  I think the main reason I lost so big was I failed to send in a NOD since I did not even know I could at the time.   Back in those days the VA did not even have to list all the evidence they used in a decision.  The game was fixed.  Any "Reasonable Mind" would have seen the VA did not consider my IMO, but the VA said that was "debatable".

John