VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

When exactly does the Benefit Summary Letter change?

Rate this question

raven1517

Question

My claim has been ping ponging between Preparation for Notification and Pending Decision Approval the last few days. I have tried looking at my benefit summary letter in e benefits but have not seen any change. Does anyone know at what point in the process that letter is updated? I also tried the trick I read about on here to start a new claim and get to the screen with your disabilities and that has not updated/changed either. Just wondering if anyone has seen either of those update before their claim was actually labeled as "complete". Thanks!

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Ive been going through this for over 5 years. I havent had access to my letter for almost a month now.  All my appeals, and appeal related info is gone as well. I called the 800 numbet and verified I was not outright denied, all I got was a "its getting worked on, and is still open sir"  Dont stress too much, I know it sucks not knowing, but stay positive. 

I agree with Les.  You are better off trying to watch paint dry than to try to figure out at what point someone in VA (possibly a volunteer) changes ebenefits status.  The VA does not have a procedure, or does not publish or follow it, as to when ebenefits changes.  Instead, they probably have teenagers in trouble who volunteer (probably because a judge ordered public service)  to update ebenefits when they decide to show up.  

I suggest you get a more productive hobby, as watching ebenefits is unlikely to produce favorable resuts.  Try playing chess, fishing, spend time with grandkids, or betting on which ant makes it through the maze first.  

One more thing I wanted to add, calling the 800 number is not really much better than checking ebenefits in my opinion.  You do have some good people that work their, and will look into things a bit more for you than others, but they seem few and far between. For the most part you will get the same spill from everyone which basically goes "we have your appeal and we are working on it, it will take approximately 190 days, but as i can see you are way beyond that. If we need more information you will hear from us" thats generally the most you will get unless you get lucky, and get a hold of someone who genuinely wants to help.  Im not knocking them, and I understand why they are jaded. I know a lot of us have been in the system for a long time and our patience has worn thin, making some vets a little frustrating to deal with.  I am always polite, even though I am years beyond that time frame, and I know its not the phone operators fault.  

When I logged on to my E-Ben site 01/03/2016 7:30 am (Sunday) to print my Benny Letter for my yearly MI DAV Property Tax Exemption, much to my surprise I was no-longer 90% IU T & P,  I was 100% SC T & P.  My 100% IU (since 06/2014) was no-longer addressed anywhere on my E-Ben site.

After some investigation, turns out my RO Rating Dept had done a 'Quality Control Review" of the 07/15 FDC SA Increase Denial, that I hadn't filed a NOD on as of yet.

A SR Rater had reversed the  07/15 SA Increase Denial, granting SA at 100% SC, 1st week of 12/15. At some point during the last week of 12/2015, my E-Ben updated with the New Rating & Comp info.

This is the 1st time that an E-Ben update ever beat a Retro $$ Deposit which hit mid 01/16. Award Letter arrived mid 04/16. Filed an Official Request for possible CUE Review of Effective Date 05/16, Retro (additional 18 months) hit 07/2016, Earlier Effective Date Award Letter arrived end of 09/16.