VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hearing loss/Tinnitus claim moving fast- no C&P

Rate this question

IMEF-Gunny

Question

Is it possible that hearing loss and tinnitus could be rated and service connected without a C&P ? I fileed the claim, under review 4-5 days, gathering evidence 2 days, review of evidence today, estimated close by 11/17.

I submitted FDC, MEPS hearing test showed good hearing at low freq, and normal at high freq, Boot camp audiogram showed some hearing loss, but still normal low freq/mild at high freq, two buddy statements saying they can attest to my audiograms at work in 1992-1996 were bad and that guys used to tease me about being "deaf dumb jarhead" and such, don't have copies of the audiograms from 92-96 as company closed in 1996,  sent current audiograms from current employer 2007-2015 showing severe hearing loss in both ears above 1000 hz.

Thoughts?

Edited by IMEF-Gunny

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

as to watching TV. Ask the VMC Audiologist to supply you with the Wireless TV Setup. Plug it in and use your Wireless Hearing Remote to adjust R and L ear separately, regardless of the TV Volume Level.

When I got my 3rd set of Hearing Aids this past May, I discussed the TV problem. Left the Audiologist's office with the Wireless TV Setup. BIG DIFF!

Figured out the problem......I used an older version.....new updated Hutsky calculator says 0% for HL. So 0% HL & 10% Tinnitus.

On 11/7/2017 at 11:02 AM, IMEF-Gunny said:

Hearing exam C&P scheduled for next Friday......you think that means they are conceding hearing loss and doing the C&P to measure the extent of hearing loss?

Anytime you submit a claim for hearing loss,VA will schedule you for a c&p,VA have there own scales, they use for ratings.

Buck52 has some good advice saying "take another test from the VA and maybe go take a state license  Audiologist private test  that use the VA Guidelines/Criteria...ask the audiologist to compare the results of the two test."

In addition, the VA is likely to call for a C&P exam whether or not you submit the results of a privately administered exam with your claim. To my knowledge, the 'Maryland CNC exam' are the only test results the VA accepts for hearing.

Many hearing aid dealers offer 'free test' promotions throughout the year  - go for it but let the VA give the first test. Then, (with your audiologist's opinion)  you can offer your test results to counter the VA's.

The VA can deny or issue a '0' percentage but cannot call for a third opinion. That would considered "Developing to Deny" and it holds true with all private exams. 

• HadIt.com Elder

As I understand it now they are making Wireless Bluetooth Capability B.H.E. (behind the ear) hearing aids to allow the sound to come through the hearing aids without distortion  , you have a device to wear around your neck and can use it to turn up the volume in your aids L./R. Ear Which ever you need, you have another device to set by the TV...(sound transmitter)

I am not sure exactly how this works?

For listening to the TV I use a pair of headphones that are wireless and the transmitter sets by the TV in a charging device and always ready, I keep the headphones by my chair...From ''Radio Shack'' which i out of Business now  eh!

But I may check on these new (bluetooth ready) hearing aids

Not sure if any of you veterans with hearing problems go to the indoor movie theaters or not?...but if you just happen to go with some of your family grandchildren ect,,,ect,,,   you can ask the management for a set of hearing aid head phones to use  they are supposed to supply them free of charge for the hearing impaired.