VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cherry Point, Motor Transport, 1978-1983

Rate this question

Stetson Vet Clinic

Question

Oorah Devil Dogs,

A little about me first, I was discharged from the Marine Corps in 2012. While in service, I was an aviation ordnance technician and embassy security guard. I am currently a law school student working at a veterans advocacy clinic that provides pro bono services for veterans trying to get disability compensation from the VA.

I'm helping a veteran who was stationed in Motor T at Cherry Point. He suffers from cancer that we believe he got from drinking the water at Camp Lejuene during his trips there. I am looking for some veterans who were stationed at Cherry Point from 1978-1983 who have knowledge about the tasks Motor T executed during that time frame, specifically relating to the travel from Cherry Point to Camp Lejuene as part of Motor T's daily operations.

I just want to get some information on Motor T's operational requirements to drive to and from Camp Lejuene. If you can help me help this terminally ill veteran he would greatly appreciate it.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I recommend you stay with the basics.  The Caluza triangle will still apply:

1.  Current diagnosis

2.  In service event or aggravation

3.  Nexus, or medical link between the current diagnosis and the in service event or aggravation. 

If you have not already done so, order the cfile and see if these 3 are present.  

There are at least 3 types of service connection:  (not counting 1151 claims)

1.  Direct

2.  Presumptive

3 . Secondary.

It sounds like you may be seeking a presumptive service connection.  To do that, you look on the list of presumptives, and see if your Vets condition is on the list and if he or she meets the applicable service criteria.  You can find help with that using tbirds link, hopefully.  

In the interrim, apply for NSC pension if your vet meets the criteria.  In sum, your Vet has to be unemployable and not working and earning little or no money.  He also needs to be a "war Veteran", that is, he served during a time that congress considers wartime.