VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Range of motion lower back

Rate this question

dsd84dsd

Question

When ever someone asks "how does VA...."  Well, "the VA" does things just the way VA wants to, regardless of the regulations. 

You can check the schedule of ratings for the criteria, but as to whether or not VA follows that criteria is anyones guess.  If they dont follow the criteria, you can likely appeal successfully.  

• HadIt.com Elder

I would say when the pain first starts  don't wait to hollar at the Doc .

when you first feel the pain  even if it get worse as he bends you  tell him to STOP. 

They are required to use a Goniomenter and usually measure 3 times  don't let them do it 3 times.

My VA Doc never used a Gonionmeter on my knees just grab my leg as I was laying down and started rasing it  and at first feel of pain I told the Dr to STOP  its excruciating  pain.

Using that goniometer is just plain B.S.  to get a degree of pain level  eh!

Another thing I don't agree with

When they say things like

on a Number from 1 to 10  10 being the most high of pain   what would you say your pain level would be?

if a VETERAN is in a lot of pain he better say a  8 OR 9 other wise they will prescribe some 800 mg Ibprophen and go home and rest or some Dr won't prescribe anything if you tell them your pain is ''oh about 4 or 5 Doc  it really hurts me  bad''

Edited by Buck52

No.  You will be "hornswaggled" if they award 40 percent.  Its called VA math.  

60 percent plus 40 percent DOES NOT equal 100 percent, tho is should.  

You have to use the "combined" rating calculator, OR trust me that 60 percent plus 40 percent equals 80 percent.  

http://www.vvaarizona.org/combined_disability.php

There may also be a combined disability calculator on hadit, too.