VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

awarded TDIU, 90% overall. seeking P&T

Rate this question

abnrgr88

Question

I was awarded 100% TDIU in June 2017. since then, unrelated to that claim, i had a 13 level spinal fusion. back already is rated 20% (compressed vert. arthritis). The DAV rep i was given has told me not to file for an increase. Be happy with what i have gotten. Said i am being paid for 100%, dont rock the boat so to speak. Surgery was 4 months ago and i have been in P.T. for 2 months. I believe i am in line for an increase. i now have a 19 inch scar up the center of my back. T2-L2. limited ROM and alot of PAIN. My goal, P&T. I lost health insurance for my family when i went out of work. This along with others not available with TDIU. Any suggestions?  Thank you!  RLTW

Then ther's the MI Nam Vet, 72 yrs old, Awarded IU T & P No Future Exams Scheduled, back in 2015 after getting a PTSD Award of 70%. I posted about his Reduction Dilemma, about a month ago. He filed his appeal but will have to wait for a final Decision.

Everything was fine, 100% Comp monthly, then he file for a New Secondary issue on behalf of his 25 yr old daughter with a learning disability. On the advice of his DAV Rep, he filed even though her condition isn't listed as AO Vet Child's disability. The VSR talked him into filing, hoping for a Hail-Mary Retro Award "IF" the condition ever gets associated with AO in the future.

The filing of the New Claim got him scheduled for a PTSD Re-Exam C & P. He claims the reduction Letter indicated his PTSD Rating was being lowered to 0% from 70% SC. I can't believe it but I saw the Negative DBQ. The Psychiatrist stated that he still has PTSD but is no longer experiencing any symptoms.

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger that john

Gentleman i want to thank you for all of your experience and help. My wife and i have been carrying the whole load of forms, docs, personal letters, leg work, etc.....well i should say she has! Ranger wife, need i say more! lol.Looks like we need to change direction from what azimuth we were given by VSO. Hope to be in touch with You all soon. Thanks again. RLTW

Trapperx6,   i have no idea. i am not as well versed as most on this site. try Gastone, berta, broncovet...

There are 194 decisions at the BVA web site in the year 2017 so far that come up under a search for ‘Vietnam service  ‘ and ‘ reduction.’

Every year at the site has at least 100 or more appeals from Vietnam vets for proposed reductions.

I would think most Vietnam vets are way above 55 years of age these days because the Vietnam War ended 42 years ago….and were obviously not except from a proposed reduction.Many of the proposed reductions involve AO  prostate cancer reductions, a few for AO CAD reductions, some for PTSD etc etc…….

Here is a link to all of them:

https://www.index.va.gov/search/va/bva_search.jsp?QT=Vietnam+service&EW=proposed+reduction&AT=PTSD&ET=&RPP=10&DB=2017&DB=2016&DB=2015&DB=2014&DB=2013&DB=2012&DB=2011&DB=2010&DB=2009&DB=2008&DB=2007&DB=2006&DB=2005&DB=2004&DB=2003&DB=2002&DB=2001&DB=2000&DB=1999&DB=1998&DB=1997&DB=1996&DB=1995&DB=1994&DB=1993&DB=1992