VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Re-Opening a 2016 GWI claim - Fibromyalgia DBQ

Rate this question

IMEF-Gunny

Question

So, before I knew much about the VA and their love for vets, I submitted my first GWI claim. I filed for symptoms (Stomach issues, sleeplessness, bi lateral arm/shoulder pain, short term memory loss). I had a forgetful C&P doc, I had no idea beforehand what the eam was for, I was nervous as shit and I didn't know enough to press him on examining other issues.

I went 26 years without touching the VA and here I was at a C&P exam. I was rated 30% for IBS, all other contentions denied because dr said I denied having any other issues.

This week I was diagnosed by a family practice NPC with fibromyalgia, they ordered bloodwork to exclede Rheumatoid Arthritis and scheduled me with a rheumatologist in February. Here is my DBQ. Thoughts?

I'm considering a re-open or reconsideration for my initial 6/2016 claim. My NOD is already in for this claim with a request for DRO review. I don't care about back pay  money, just principle, so not worried about losing my initial claim date..

DBQ1 001Redacted.bmp

DBQ2 001Redacted.bmp

DBQ3 001Redacted.bmp

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

40 % is the max for Fibromyalgia, so you are good there.  You may want to look into Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.  There are a lot of similarities between FM and CFS, there are some key differences.  I am rate 30% for IBS, 40% for FM and 60% for CFS, all connected to Gulf War.  All you need is a diagnosis and DBQ from your provider.  You don't have to prove service connection, it is presumed.

3 hours ago, k5one said:

40 % is the max for Fibromyalgia, so you are good there.  You may want to look into Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.  There are a lot of similarities between FM and CFS, there are some key differences.  I am rate 30% for IBS, 40% for FM and 60% for CFS, all connected to Gulf War.  All you need is a diagnosis and DBQ from your provider.  You don't have to prove service connection, it is presumed.

They can deny CFS for a number of reasons.  In my case, it was PTSD/MDD/Anxiety that was used to deny my CFS (Sleep apnea probably would rule it out as well).  I had a diagnosis from an MD for CFS. He was not  Rheumatologist.  He was an Environmental/Family/Forensic Dr.  They used the VA's NP C&P opinion over my MD's opinion. Yes my MD used all the verbiage, rationale, and GW presumptive in his opinion; reviewed all my records, medications, and in person interview to back it up.  He does this for a living.  Could I fight it and win? Maybe.  If I wasn't 100%, I would.  

Too get all three is quite a feat, to say the least.  

I did get the 40% Fibromyalgia.  Still waiting on the IBS appeal in which I have 3 MD's diagnosis.  Originally I didn't have the diagnosis for the first C&P.