VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Providence

Rate this question

Holllie Greene

Question

Hi All,

It is probably just me but I was wondering why a claim in California would be sent to Providence, R.I.? for review?  Any and all thoughts appreciated.

HG

God bless the folks in Texas.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Beats me, but the VARO in my area is the St. Petersburg, Fl.  office.  It is so busy and vets have their claims sent here for some reason.  I have always thought this is just a way for the VA to show they are doing something even if it just means they are moving chess pieces on the board.   It got so bad with my local VARO that I would drive all the way from Tampa to the St. Pete office and hand the claims or evidence to them and get signed copies back to show they actually received the claim.   The ST. Pete VARO would lose everything I sent them.   The worst thing is when you move from one VARO to another geographically.  Your claim file is supposed to follow you but if you relocate in the middle of a claim awaiting a decision then your file may end up in Greenland.   Why does it take years to finish a claim and up to ten years to do a claim from beginning to the end of the appeals line?  When a claim gets sent out of the original office to the BVA or CAVC you must be prepared to wait years.  Sending a claim from one VARO to another is just a game.

• HadIt.com Elder

I live in Texas my R.O. is Waco.

They have always worked my claims , however since the new VA Claims Intake Center in Janesville Wi, all claims are going through them now.  If you send your claim to your R.O. They send it to the Janesville Wi Claims Intake Center & they decide who gets to work the claim..(as I understand it)

My last claim about 3 years ago I filed on e benefits ...after the claim was  Decided / adjudicated,  I got a letter from DAV VSO from Saltlake City, Ut unofficial letter stating my claim has been decided and would be getting the official packet in the mail within a week.

So they do farm out the new claims now ,your claim can end up any where if your R.O. Is in a year or two back-log...is suppose to speed up the claims process.

jmo

Its an attempt to speed up claims.  Here is what happens:  

Your claim is sent to the intake center, where it is digitized and put online in the VA computer.  

Its then put in a "national cue" where it waits processing by the next available VARO.   

Its probably a good idea since the vARO previously "farmed out" to another VARO any claims they did not want.  Mine has been in several VARO's.

Its probably good for you, and means a quicker decision.  I doubt that this is in "full implementation" mode but it still done willy nilly, like most stuff at VA.