VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Six Attorney's

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

I had a recent BVA decision and sent the decision to 5 attorney's PLUS one that was currently representing me.  They all declined to represent me.  Bummer.  

However, the 7th attorney agreed to represent me, AND, today I got a letter from another well known big name firm who also agreed to represent me.  

Moral:

Dont give up on your claim.  

In regards to the BVA JMR, what did your VA Lawyer have to say, recommendation wise? How long had she been your attorney?

Bronc, I must be missing something. Your Lawyer had to Refund $6K EAJA Legal Fees from Remand. Did she get the full boat 20% of your total Retro Award? I don't follow the "so I paid $6000 less."

A friend recently used the Pro Bono Vet Legal Consortium for last 4 mos of his BVA Appeal that was eventually Denied. Awarded a Remand at the CAVC, Vet Consortium scored $17.5K in legal Fees paid by VA because of the Remand being considered a Win.

A year Later, RO Awarded ED SMC K with about 6.5 yrs of Retro. His Appeal had been at the BVA for about 2 yrs when he started getting antsy and decided to contact a VA Lawyer. I warned him about the low Retro ($7 - 8K) being a problem, it proved true. He tried Attig's Firm and 2 other Nationally Advertised Firms. All were too busy, couldn't help him, but wished him well. He never really got to talk to any of the Lawyers, all the call screeners almost immediately begged off.

I then pointed him at the VLC which worked out for everyone concerned.

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm not sure why this is broncovet ?

but on a  positive note to look at   maybe the Attorney's that turn your case down was because of their work load and just don't have the time..I mean them good attorneys are busy busy.

Maybe its not that they did not want to help you & your case  but maybe it would been detrimental to you.  taking a long time before they can get to your case.

some attorneys advertise but the good ones don't really need to.

I thought you found you a good attorney from Dallas Tx?

Hows your case going?

1 hour ago, broncovet said:

I had a recent BVA decision and sent the decision to 5 attorney's PLUS one that was currently representing me.  They all declined to represent me.  Bummer.  

However, the 7th attorney agreed to represent me, AND, today I got a letter from another well known big name fim who also agreed to represent me.  

Moral:

Dont give up on your claim.  

Do the Letters G/L mean anything to you?  If so PM me.

Mine is now TOO busy to return emails, much less calls... A couple of years ago these two lawyers were answering their own calls... NOW they have a receptionist and are never available.  I guess it is just the outer/extreme point of the pendulum swing.  Sometimes success comes in excess, if you know what I mean...

Bronc, it's all about the Benjamin's ($10++++K), unless you get turned down by the Vet Legal Consortium in DC, then it's probably a very weak Case.

The Lawyers that eventually agreed to rep you evidently saw a GREEN Pasture waiting at the CAVC, in the form of Legal Fee Award paid directly by the VA almost immediately for a Remand, regardless of the final Decision.

I think Mike's in the same boat, it's all about the size of the possible Retro or possible CAVC Legal Fee Award.