Common VA Disabilities

questions-348x180.jpeg

14 Questions about Veterans Disability Compensation Benefits Claims 

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about when it comes to filing VA Disability Claims.

Popular Forums Common VA Disabilities

11cvolley

Decision phase time frame?

Question

Found out today that my competency claim has went to the decision phase on the 9th of November. Typically how long should it take for them to make a decision? The 800# guy said about two weeks.

2 answers to this question

Did you Appeal the original Fiduciary Appointment? Did you have an in-home meeting with the VA Fiduciary Social Worker? What did he/she opine regarding your need for a Fiduciary?

Have you addressed the possibility of a Fiduciary Appointment in regards to your VA Direct Deposit Bank/Credit union Accounts current balance?

17 hours ago, Gastone said:

Did you Appeal the original Fiduciary Appointment? Did you have an in-home meeting with the VA Fiduciary Social Worker? What did he/she opine regarding your need for a Fiduciary?

Have you addressed the possibility of a Fiduciary Appointment in regards to your VA Direct Deposit Bank/Credit union Accounts current balance?

My lawyer had me meet with my VA doctor that has been treating me for ptsd. The VA doctor filled out forms and said I am able to handle my own money. My lawyer went over everything and submitted all the evidence and pretty much guaranteed I would be found able to handle my own money. This was a standard claim because my ptsd /w dysthymic disorder was increased to 100% p/t.

So...

- No; this is not an appeal. it is a claim

- No; I never had an in-home meeting 

Edited by 11cvolley