VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exam is all over the page

Rate this question

wgreenlee12

Question

Hello,

I recently had a C&P Exam for peripheral nerve condition causing loss of use of hand. I had a doctor do a DBQ before the C&P was scheduled. I have called the 800# and spoken with the DAV and they all said that the RO did not see the DBQ so that is why they scheduled the C&P. Anyway after looking over the C&P exam I have realized there are many contradictions. I was wondering not only did the Nurse Practioner states that I have sensory in the right hand/fingers and it states absent. Then she states I have muscle strength of 3/5 in Elbow extension and flexion, 3/5 wrist extension and flexion, grip is 3/5 as well. Problem I see with this is that she never raised my right arm to do test. Especially with the grip portion she never tested my grip since my right hand/fingers do not move at all. Also in her notes she states under Functional Impact: The Veteran is limited to functional activities that include frequent grabbing, grasping of objects due to Peripheral nerve condition. Then right under that she states The Veteran can preform general activities without significant restrictions. This is way off base. Any outside input would be helpful. Should I consider disputing the C&P Exam?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

2 answers to this question

The DAV as my VSO submitted this claim without me knowing, but it was for a increase for Radiculopathy upper extremity associated with Cervical Disc Disease of C7. I'm currently rated at 40% and my private doctor indicates on a DBQ that hand/fingers are complete paralysis where as the Nurse Practioner at the C&P was all over the place as far as sensory, muscle, reflex diagnosis. That is why I'm confused and was wondering if the VA will look at a doctor over a NP when opinions come forward?