VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Twelve years later.........

Rate this topic

vetquest

After twelve years and two remands I have been awarded 100% complete and total disability with sms due to limitation of a limb.  I was awarded 90% with IU three years ago but against my lawyers recommendation I wanted to push for 100%.  I used the advice from here to push for full benefits even if I was getting a 100% payment.

I fought with the V.A. the for 25 years as I worked in the civilian world, if my disability was serious enough to warrant an early retirement from the Corps it was serious enough to rate disability.  After that I lost my civilian job due to my disability twelve years ago the fight began in earnest.  I did a lot of this on my own because I found that while their hearts are in the right place a lot of DAV, etc organizations are haphazard.  I got a lawyer when it became obvious that the V.A. was violating my rights as a veteran leading up to BVA.

Now I need to find a new hobby.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Great News and persistence pays off!

I am sure you would be a valuable help to others here who seem to feel there is no end in sight and you sure can give them HOPE! ( as a hobby)

And you said you did a lot of this yourself------- no one is a better vet rep than who we see in the mirror every morning in my opinion...but that means we have to tackle the leg work it takes.

Yes , some vet orgs have some Great reps and NSOs, but more often than not, they do not do an adequate  good job , and the good ones burn out fast, and we often do better  on our own.

ENJOY This Victory.

" I got a lawyer when it became obvious that the V.A. was violating my rights as a veteran leading up to BVA"

Good for You! Many vets  probably do not even realize the VA might be violating their rights.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use