VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Envelope from The Janesville office

Rate this question

Holllie Greene

Question

Hello All,

Yesterday, I received part of my claim decision.  I was reduced from 60% on neurogenic bladder to 40%...this concerns me as I see it possibly affecting my SMC-L.  Also, there was an increase of 20% for anxiety disorder effectively making this a "wash".  So, I call the 1-800 number this morning and tell the rep (who was helpful) and he told me I will soon receive a letter for an exam for cataracts (I have a 0% rating for cataracts due to all of the steroid drugs I have taken over the years for MS flares).

Strange that I have a ratings decision from 2016 increasing my neurogenic bladder from 20% to 60%, it also states "static",  what is a person to do?  I do not understand why these ratings contradict each other, it is not like there is a cure for MS.

Obviously, I do not agree with the rating reduction and should I file a NOD or as the rep mentioned a "reconsideration"?  Really? A reconsideration?  Yeah, right.  I was not born yesterday.

Thanks for reading my rant and if you have any suggestions I would appreciate it. 

I am 100% P&T plus L.  Turned 56 years of age several moths ago and have been P & T since 2003.

P.S.  Happy Thanksgiving.

H.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Ok, but before I start, you have to answer some questions:

Did you receive a "proposal to reduce" your rating?  If not, this reduction should be void.  The VA has to follow procedures, but will get away with it, unless you "call em out" on that.  

Did you dispute the proposed reduction?  

The rules for a reduction may not apply if its a wash, however, you can still appeal and argue that its not moot as you could be or are eligible for SMC S, without this reduction.  

Hi Broncovet,

Thank you for responding.  Nope, I did not receive a proposal to reduce.  IMHO opinion the VA has gotten away with so much already (and not just on me) and I intend to "call em out", oh yes.

The county VSO who helps me is out of the office today and I have not shown him the paperwork yet.  When I first saw the numbers I said out loud "this is a wash".

...and it goes on...this afternoon (out of the blue) the VA C n P office called to schedule a check up for my big fat 0% rated bi-lateral cateracts.  Rated at 0% for cateracts since 2006.  In ebennies and the paperwork it states the cateracts are secondary.  The cats developed because of the prednisone infusions and pred pills over the years, oh and the steroids in the asthma inhalers all provided to me by the VA.  My now retired VA neurologist would look in my eyes and say "you know you have cataracts".  I did have surgery to fix the cats---one eye about 2 years ago and the other one about a  year ago.

Currently, my claim sits open.

Thank you Broncovet, I appreciate it very much.

H.

Edited by Holllie Greene
I don't want to offend