VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filed 3 CUEs, have 3 C&P exams: Question...

Rate this question

mrstephens11

Question

Good news, I filed three CUEs and now have three C&P exams.  Great news, it's with the VES and not the VA.  The best news, I've seen one of these VES Doctors before and he rated the disability exactly correct!

My question is, since I was given the C&Ps for the three disabilities that I filed the CUEs against, does this mean that the VA is agreeing that they made a CUE?  I understand the exams still have to happen for the rating portion, but does this mean the bureaucratic part of the VA agrees there was a mistake?  Logic tells me "yes, why would they schedule an exam if they were just going to deny the CUE."  However, this is the VA and logic is hard for them.

Last night I was going through my records to get them ready for the C&Ps.  While I was doing this, I found another CUE that if accepted will net me another 10% back to 2005.  Go through your records, DBQs, and Rating Decision letters, you might have CUEs just waiting to be found!

Thank you,

Stephens

Perhaps a DRO hearing would be the best bet-----

I am confused as to the denial, because they say there was no evidence of record on the hemorrhoid condition,per their 2015 decision on that condition.

Yet they granted 20% in the 2017 decision.

Cue is like the Watergate question- what did they know and when did they know it.

It seems they were aware of the hemorrhoid diagnosis  by virtue of the 2017 claim and then a C & P exam….I am assuming that---don’t know for sure…

They also say there was no evidence of the chrondomalachia right knee condition ,as a “chronic” condition until  the same date of the hemorroid claim October 17, 2017, which I assume warranted a C & P for that condition…which they awarded in 2017 at 10%.

I don’t have experience with the ratings they used----it is all in the VA Schedule of Ratings here.

The VA said they had STR and inservice personnel records  from June 2003 to Sept 2005 .

Was that your entire period of service?

They also list as evidence VA treatment records from Dec, 22, 2015 through January 5, 2018.

I assume their 2015 decision might not have considered the Dec 2015 treatment records because they made 2 rating decisions prior to the Dec 2015  VA treatment record.

What did they know and when did they know it-----is my point.

Do you have private treatment records and diagnosis for the hemorrhoid and also chrondomalachia  disability (showing it to be chronic) that the VA was aware of , but has not obtained?

"When I filed my claim in 2005 & 2007, (which they claimed I never did) I put some of my supporting records in the claim."

In other words they didnt adjudicate that claim because they say they never got it....?

I assume you did this- did you check your C file to see if the older claims are in it?

If you dont have proof of mailing those claims to VA ,I dont know know what you could do about that now.

Edited by Berta

Let me try to list this out in order.  Sorry if I'm not being clear.

1. In 2005 after my discharge from 2003 - 2005, I filed a claim with in one year of my discharge for the hemorrhoids and bilateral chondromalacia.
  2. In 2007 I went to the VA to ask about my claim because I didn't hear anything.  I was told I didn't have a claim.  So I filed again for every thing that I filed for the first time with some STR documents I brought with me.  I never heard anything back and this claim is not in my C-file.
  3. In 2015 at my Father's behest, I filed again.  This time I took my copies of the 2005 claim with a confirmation number from their online system I used to file the claim, to the TVC and they helped me file a claim and we attached the 2005 claim to the 2015 claim.  Again I supplied some supporting records.  I didn't know about C-files and I didn't know what they had.  I assumed again they had all my files.
  4. In 2015 after C&Ps for my knees and hemorrhoids the VA granted my left knee and some other items, but denied my right knee and hemorrhoids.  The VA back dated all of the disabilities that they granted based on the 2005 claim that I supplied to them.  I know this because the only claim I have in my C-file is the 2005 claim that I had hand written notes on and the decision letter stated that my retro award was based on an un-adjudicated claim from with in one year of my discharge.
  5. In 2016 I stopped listening to the TVC reps that told me not to appeal (don't rock the boat).  I started researching the VA claims process and I requested my C-file.  I get my c-file and I get pissed off.  I see so many mistakes that could have been fixed in an appeal.
  6. In 2017 I file 3 CUEs: hemorrhoids, hearing, right knee.  I supplied STR documents of hemorrhoids and right knee chondromalacia that were not in my C-file and the VA denies CUE and reopens claim granting me hemorrhoids and right knee with an effective date of 2017. However, they are more focused on it not being a CUE forgetting that they reopened the 2015 claim, which reopened the 2005 claim that was with in one year of my discharge.  They note in the award letter that the evidence of record in 2015 didn't have STR stating hemorrhoids or chondromalacia right knee.  They granted it because I supplied them with STRs that they didn't have.
Edited by mrstephens11
typo

"In 2015 after C&Ps for my knees and hemorrhoids the VA granted my left knee and some other items, but denied my right knee and hemorrhoids.  The VA back dated all of the disabilities that they granted based on the 2005 claim that I supplied to them."

Meaning that was the EED ( 2005) they gave you...?

" I supplied STR documents of hemorrhoids and right knee chondromalacia that were not in my C-file and the VA denies CUE and reopens claim granting me hemorrhoids and right knee with an effective date of 2017."

Did you claim hemorroids and the right knee condition in that claim----the 2005 claim.

On 11/28/2017 at 10:39 AM, Berta said:

This  systemic vet rep mantra-

"Don't rock the boat, they might take your rating away"

is absolute BS, in my opinion.

and in 2019 they're still giving the same poor advice. exactly what my vet rep told me earlier this year. it's almost an intimidation tactic. like shut up and be happy you got what you got. saw a different rep and he's all for whatever I want to do. like night and day.

• HadIt.com Elder

If he has VBMS, give the new VSO a little rope and try to work with him. Remember to verify; don't just take his word for everything. "Take what they gave you and don't rock the boat" doesn't that sound like somebody is in somebody's pocket??? I'm just sayin'...