VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

over 100 VA's closed?

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Yesterday the Secretary was on Fox News- as the new GAO report had been made public. I couldn't wait.... as I had just got the report at 7 AM.

Fox carried a banner on the report during the brief interview but the Secretary seemed to avoid  Steve Doosy's questions on it---- ( I dont blame him) and I heard Shulkin say that VA has closed over 100 VA's already....

I think he means small   satellite VA offices------we had to go to the VA in Rochester years ago and found this was just a small office or two in a large office building ( a Voc Rehab interview)

Does anyone here know what the Secretary meant by closures? He also said there would be more.... Some VA's do have a lot of wasted space.The local VAMC here  gets rent from the state for the NYSDVA vet reps. They rent a whole house on VA property. Our VAMC was  a civil war hospital and some of the older building need upgrades and for the most part  are unused but wouldn't it make more sense to rent those buildings out, if they could , for county or state offices?

It concerns me . But I don't think he means VAMCs. Hope not.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I think he really means the closure of VAMC's and just remodel the ones in the larger city's .

Here in Dallas they been remodeling it for over 30 plus years and recently added some more buildings for clinics  and put in 3- 5 story parking garages , and still under construction for more....> its a Huge Hospital

My old VAMC in Big Spring Tx has all but shut down,  they have a few clinics but not like it was 30 years ago, it looks like a gost VAMC, parking lots are always empty  ect,,,ect,,

And at one time this was a Great VAMC  everyone was friendly,  Clerks, Dr,s Nurses, VSO's   Maybe thats just the way West Texas People Are.

Thanks Buck---- I might ask the Secretary what he meant,in a letter I am sending him about the GAO report and "Area 1151"......that is what I call the rest of the hidden VA  malpractice statistics, that GAO has never mentioned.

They are "hidden" but I know where they are. So does some of the VBA gatekeepers.

It was in one of my letters to the President , and I raised it in a long phone call from the WH some months ago, and  now I think that is why I got the email from the WH  about a week ago.They did not tell me what they were reviewing....and probably just got the GAO report .

I might not have much time to be here for a few days Buck....but will try....

Thanks for all you do for us here !

http://www.disabledveterans.org/2017/11/30/congress-rips-shameful-va-failure-report-bad-doctors/

Congress already knew because I told them----some of them - years ago --enough to have the H VAC or former Sec Shinseki  look into this and they didn't .I can prove that.

And the GAO report is missing a lot-, because GAO did not know where to look-------I have GAO contact info ......

I will tell them, I already told the new Sec and Potus...and the press ,where the hidden true malpractice stats are....

This is worse than Watergate  and should be national news all over the tube and the net, but unfortunately our grateful nation really does not give much of a shit about 

the travesties  many of you have  put up with regarding not only your claims, but also,in many cases,  with negligent health care...unless they are affected by them, as family members of veterans.