VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C and P letter

Rate this question

Rootbeer112

Question

Hey everyone,

I received a letter from the VA about my NOD I filed and that they were scheduling me for a C and P with an outside contractor about three weeks ago. Any idea when I will hear from the outside contractor as far as the scheduling of the C and P?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Well, no.  That is like asking how long it takes to drive to grandmas house, when we dont know where you are at and we dont know where grandma lives.  

We dont know where you are at, and we dont know the contractor.  Even if we did, they have varying workloads.  

You can call them and ask that question, if you like.  

Sometimes, its better not to "micromanage" your claim.  Yes, you need to meet deadlines, and the like, but trying to find out how long it will take for a c and p examiner to contact you is better spent in a hobby.  If he does not contact you in a few weeks, then call VA and ask them what is going on.  

1 hour ago, broncovet said:

Well, no.  That is like asking how long it takes to drive to grandmas house, when we dont know where you are at and we dont know where grandma lives.  

We dont know where you are at, and we dont know the contractor.  Even if we did, they have varying workloads.  

You can call them and ask that question, if you like.  

Sometimes, its better not to "micromanage" your claim.  Yes, you need to meet deadlines, and the like, but trying to find out how long it will take for a c and p examiner to contact you is better spent in a hobby.  If he does not contact you in a few weeks, then call VA and ask them what is going on.  

Ok I only ask because I thought they had 30 days to complete this

No.  The VA has "0" deadlines.  All the deadlines are for Veterans.  The VA can take years and years with no penalties, but if we miss a NOD by one second, it will be denied.    We also have deadlines to file an I9, and deadlines to file an appeal to the CAVC.  However, the VA takes their sweet time with everything, and always has the "backlog" as a ready made excuse, even tho they are supposed to process claims "in the order received".  This does not prevent them from "cherry picking" the easy, fast claims, and stuff the others in a closet, sometimes for decades.  

• HadIt.com Elder

Rootbeer112

You should recieve a letter from the R.O Informing you of the dates time and location for your scheduled C&P or the VA Hired contractor them self such as QTC Will send a letter.

Other wise keep checking your e-benfit's account for any change.

if you don't hear anything in 2 weeks call your R.O.

Please stay on top of this if you miss a C&P for any reason  the VA Blames the Veteran.

( it can be fixed but it could sure stress you out in the mean time.)

18 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Rootbeer112

You should recieve a letter from the R.O Informing you of the dates time and location for your scheduled C&P or the VA Hired contractor them self such as QTC Will send a letter.

Other wise keep checking your e-benfit's account for any change.

if you don't hear anything in 2 weeks call your R.O.

Please stay on top of this if you miss a C&P for any reason  the VA Blames the Veteran.

( it can be fixed but it could sure stress you out in the mean time.)

Thanks Buck,

that's why I was asking, I don't want to miss anything.