VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Win? still have questions

Rate this topic

LanceJoseph

My initial claim in 2010, I was granted 70% overall and 50% for PTSD.  I filed a notice of disagreement and in 2013 I was giving a C&P exam for the issues below and was granted 70% but I filed another NOD for the back dating of PTSD and the fact that they completely ignored my TDIU claim. The verbage on this letter is confusing and I'm curious is they are going to back pay my TDUI to Oct 25 2013? I underlined where I was confused.  If anyone could shed light on what I could possibly be expecting that would be awesome. 

IMG_5425.JPG

IMG_5412.JPG

The last few lines are so confusing and contradictory...... are they drinking  at the VA while typing / deciding........ or maybe they need too. I am sorry this is so confusing. I would need assistance in deciphering this too. 

Yeah It seems very vague, I have talked to two DAV reps and one lady over the 1800 number and all three read it as TDIU will be retro back to the claim date.  Still not sure and would rather not get my hopes up. 

This is an order from the BVA.

Can you give us the Docket # and Citation #- that way we can read it at the BVA...if it is already posted there- maybe not---too soon.....

Although they say you were unemployed thoroughout  the whole course of the appeal, -why they felt you did not warrant a better TDIU EED would be in the BVA decision.

Sometimes BVA makes errors, but not many. What is the date of the BVA decision?

And when did you file the TDIU form?

Are you able to scan and attach here the BVA decision? Cover C file # and name prior to scanning it.

Lance, take the letter to either your State VA office, or a local County VA office and have them look at it, and give you an opinion.

I had something similar to this happen to me back in January, and I went to my State VA office, and they cleared it up right away.

Allan

2-2-0 HUAH!

Thanks for the advice everyone and I will put up the docket number in about an hour. I took it to the DAV office at my local hospital and he assumed TDIU would be back dated to Oct 2013 but who knows. As for a TDIU claim, it didn't even show up on the front page listed with the rest of my appeals and I cant find a record in my documents of me submitting one. Its been four years but i'm sure I did. The date of decision was Dec 1st 2017

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use