VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Using VA for medical care?

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

If you choose to use the VA for medical care and you turn 65 and get medicare and you report that you do to the VA Clinics..is that all you need to do?

My reason for asking  is  when I check in on the K machines it ask me if I have medical insurance  I say I have medicare , and then it ask me if I have any other insurance? 

I said no.  but I got to thinking I do have another medicare supplement  that I pay 129,00 monthly , its taken out of my bank account monthly  I believe it's ''Untited World Life'' as plan G

Although it says on my ID Card   to all medical providers this patient's medicare supplement claims are automatically filed by the medicare carrier.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Anybody know?

I just want to make sure I don't own the VA for anything....I use the VA for all my medications and  PTSD therapy Sessions.

And for a skin disease they can't make a Diagnoses for. (so for) after biopsy they still don't know why I have  skin itchy circles patches on the center of my Back?

They just came up about 2 years ago.

Edited by Buck52

• 2 weeks later...

Buck, I think what you have is considered as a Medicare Part B Supplemental Plan through United (??) to cover all 20% Copays and Deductibles that aren't covered by Medicare. I have mine thru AARP's United Healthcare, the monthly cost is about $145 with no RX coverage.  My VMC ER Fast Track intake desk always asks the same question regarding other Ins even though my Medicare has been on my record since about 2013.                  If the VA can recoup anything from Medicare, they're going to do it.     Might be time to see a Non-VA Dermatologist regarding the "Crop Circles" that have recently presented on your back. Better there than on your face or crotch, right.

Buck, I think what you have is considered as a Medicare Part B Supplemental Plan through United (??) to cover all 20% Copays and Deductibles that aren't covered by Medicare. I have mine thru AARP's United Healthcare, the monthly cost is about $145 with no RX coverage.  My VMC ER Fast Track intake desk always asks the same question regarding other Ins even though my Medicare has been on my record since about 2013.                  If the VA can recoup anything from Medicare, they're going to do it.     Might be time to see a Non-VA Dermatologist regarding the "Crop Circles" that have recently presented on your back. Better there than on your face or crotch, right.

• HadIt.com Elder

Gastone

True ''Buck, I think what you have is considered as a Medicare Part B Supplemental Plan through United'' to  Part B

the ''Untied World Life''  plan G is a supplement to my medicare I pay about 133.00$ extra monthly for  it is with Mutual of Omaha pays all med's &up to 90 days in hospital  but so for I been getting my med's through VA.

It seems like a gave the clerks that Mutual of Omaha card along with my medicare card and they run it through a machine and they said ok your insurance is in the  VA system now  But  the K machines ask me every time about it? i just  hit no

not sure what you mean about the ER Fast track?

Edited by Buck52